We had Erika's baby shower at her house in Greenville on Saturday, August 13th!
My mom helped me with the shower. We had planned on getting together for lunch before the shower but things ended up being a little rushed and hectic so we just grabbed lunch at Subway as my mom was leaving. She had to leave before the shower to attend a memorial service but she ended up deciding to come back and barely missed anything.
Me, Erika (and baby Matthew) and my mom before the shower
Erika and her mom
The mom-to-be
Me and Erika
I played a little part in getting Erika and her husband, Jeremiah, together :)
Or at least I like to think so.
They are doing Matthew's room in sports, so we went with the sports theme.
My mom had the idea to put the baseballs around the punch bowl.
I used Yum-Yum Bakery out of Forney for the cake and cookies, and I think they did such a good job. I sent them a copy of the invitation and told her that I just wanted something with sports that matched and they came up with this.
Not only were the cake and cookies cute, they both tasted great too. The cookies were probably my favorite though. I definitely recommend them to anyone needing anything for a party or shower.
The diaper wreath that I made - It was my first attempt, but I think it turned out pretty cute. It was much easier to make than a diaper cake.
We played the string game to guess how big around Erika was.
and Heather won.
Erika opening up presents
A few had already left but this was a group pic towards the end of the shower.
After the shower that day, I ended up staying and visiting for a while and then went and had dinner with Erika, Jeremiah and her mom in Rockwall at Mi Cocina. It was good to get to catch up with her because we definitely don't get to see each other as much as we used to or as much as we should. I had a lot of fun getting to plan the shower, and I am so excited for Erika and Jeremiah! Can't wait to meet Matthew!


No comments:
Post a Comment