Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

All moved in and settled... and feeling better too!

We are all moved in and settled in our new home and new town! We moved in a week ago yesterday. Thanks to the help of my mom, we had everything out of boxes day 1! Just a couple days later, we were all organized and decorated! I will post more about our move and our first week in Temple a little later ...  and post some pics too! Surprisingly, we like our home here even better than our old home that we built in Forney. 

I also started back to work, working remotely, yesterday. I was a little nervous and dreading it, but I think it's going be good. I'm anxious to see what it's really like once I get caught up from being out a week! The thing I love most is not having to spend two hours in the car commuting. It's like I have an automatic two hours added to my day! It's also kinda nice to be able to wear workout clothes to my office! 

And on another positive note, in my last post, I mentioned that I had been sick for going on over a month. I am finally feeling back to normal! I ended up going back to the doctor (for a third time) the day of Colt's graduation on May 30th . Colt wanted me to get them to do a chest x-ray because he thought I might have pneoumonia since nothing was phasing me and I'd been sick forever. Come to find out, they said I had pneumonia. They did some more bloodwork to make sure I didn't have any other issues. Then they did a breathing treatment in the office that morning, and sent me home with about $300 of prescriptions!! Two of the three things that they prescribed were inhalers, and one of them was SUPER expensive. The joys of being on an HSA plan... but at least work contributes money to it so I just have to keep in mind that I didn't have to pay for it.  Even after I finished my seven day antibiotic, it still took me a couple more days to feel back to normal. Over the weekend, I FINALLY quit coughing and blowing my nose! 

Since I added a couple hours to my day and life just seems a little more relaxed here :) , I'm hoping to get consistent with my blogging again and get caught up! I really think our move will be good for us, and we're going to love it here ... or at least I think we will ... Colt has his intern year ahead of him and from the sounds of it, it's going to be a rough one! He starts orientation on the 23rd I think, and then he's in the EM starting July 1st to start his many 12 hours shifts for the month of July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment