Backing up to the first week of February when we took a group vacation with Wade, Kacie, Josh and Brianna to Breckenridge...We flew out bright and early on Monday, February 2nd. We flew into Denver where we rented a car and Colt drove us from Denver to Breckenridge. On the way there we stopped for lunch in Silverthorne and half of us grabbed Which Wich and the other half Chipotle. We got to Breckenridge mid-afternoon with enough time for them to get their gear rented. Brianna and I went to the lounge until our rooms were ready while everyone else went and attempted to snowboard before the lifts closed. Colt is a good skiier but he had decided that he would give snowboarding a go for the first time this time. Where we were staying had a lift that they could just walk to and get on so they didn't really have to drive anywhere to snowboard. As soon as I got in our room, I got a call that they were lost and they needed me to come pick them up so I drove a little ways down the mountain to where they were waiting on me! Colt was debating on getting a helmet or not and luckily he did!! He hit his head pretty bad. His eyes were glazy and he was acting funny the rest of the night. I can't imagine what he would've been like if he hadn't had a helmet on! It might have been the end of his snowboarding for the trip!
This is the Grand Timber Lodge where we stayed.
Wade, Kacie, Colt and I were in one building and Josh and Brianna were in another.
This was the view out of our window.
Monday night we had dinner at Empire Burger. In my opinion, I think that was the best meal we had while we were there. Their burgers were great. After dinner we walked around for a little while freezing and ended up just sitting at a bar for a little while while they had a quick drink before we headed back to the lodge.
I knew going in that this was going to be a vacation to just relax and hang out for me and I was perfectly fine with it. Although, I would have probably preferred to relax in the sun on a beach, relaxing is relaxing! I had debated on attempting to ski the bunny slopes but quickly decided that I would go the safe route and after Colt was on the slopes the first day, he said there was no way he would've let me try.
Group vacations are a little different getting everyone together at the same time and everyone on the same page. After we finally got everyone ready and together on Tuesday morning, we headed to Cuppa Joes, a place that I had found online with good recommendations. It was mine and Colt's favorite, and we would've probably ate there every morning if it would've just been the two of us. They had the best coffee and best breakfast burritos. Their coffee put Starbucks to shame, and Colt and I split a burrito and were still both full.
After breakfast, we went to get their lift tickets and then the 5 of them were off.
A few pics that I stole from Colt from the day
Wade and Kacie on the lift
I had scheduled a prenatal massage before our trip and had it scheduled for Thursday, but Colt told me to go ahead and get a facial or something else so I did! I got one Tuesday morning while they were doing their thing. I hadn't ever had a facial. It was nice but I still prefer a massage.
After my facial, I went to the lounge and blogged, read a book, and snacked on nuggets in the on-site restaurant for lunch. After they got in, we all got ready and went to check out the ice sculpture exhibit that was on display downtown.
Then we went to dinner at a place called Park and Main. My food was definitely not good. I don't think anyone elses' food or drink was good either. Luckily, it was right next to Empire Burger though so Kacie and I got to go there after and I got my milkshake that I had been eyeing the night before but was too full to eat! We went to the grocery store to grab some snacks for the week before heading back. Then Wade, Kacie, Colt and I went and hung out in the hot tub. Don't worry, I only stuck my legs in! I thought my prego belly was big then… I had no idea and still have no idea what's to come!
Wednesday morning, we had agreed to do a 90 minute tour to get discounts through the resort. Before the 90 minute tour started, we went and had breakfast at Cuppa Joe's again. The tour was trying to get us to invest and purchase time shares, which obviously none of us were interested in.
After the tour, they went snowboarding while I blogged and read some more. I read Never Never while I was there by Colleen Hoover. Talk about a terrible ending and cliffhanger for the next book. Basically the whole book was leading up to the next book. If I would 've known that, I probably would've waited to read it! I think that was the day they got brought back to the resort by a random SUV! Evidently Colt did get better at snowboarding though and was doing great when he got the hang of it! Wednesday night we went to Bubba Gump for dinner and then headed out to Broken Compass Brewery.
Thursday morning we went to breakfast at a different place called Cabin Coffee, then I went back for the my prenatal massage that morning (which was great) while they hit the slopes again. Colt called me at lunch and wanted me to pick him, Josh, Wade and Kacie up at the gondola and go grab something to eat. All os us, minus Brianna, went to Moe's BBQ for lunch.
Here's a pic I stole from Kacie when they were up on the mountain one day.
That night Josh and Brianna did their own thing and the rest of us went to a place called Fatties for pizza. We topped off our pizza and pasta with going to a cookie store. Then the four of us ended up on a side street downtown where they were having this little show.
After that, we just went back and hung out while Colt and Wade played pool.
Friday morning it was time to headout as soon as we got up. As soon as we made it back to Temple, we decided to stay on the road and immediately headed to Forney to pick up our dogs.
I definitely didn't take enough pictures this trip, but it was a good one, and I know Colt had a ton of fun snowboarding! He kept thanking me for being a trooper but I honestly thoroughly enjoyed the downtime and doing nothing! I will say next time I think we are going to somewhere with warmer weather though because I definitely prefer the sun over the snow!















No comments:
Post a Comment