Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Kinley at 22 months ... JUST 3 MONTHS LATE

I wrote this post when Kinley was 22 months old (3 months ago), but I never got around to posting it!  Here it is about a month after her 2nd birthday. I was going to just change this post to her 2 year update, but she's changed a little since 22 months. I want to catch these memories so I figured I would go ahead and post it. 

This post is 3 months behind but technically I'm 8 months behind on blogging... even more behind than usual. To say I'm on the struggle bus... would be an understatement! I've been busy, sick and in my free time, sleep takes a priority over other stuff these days! Kinley did start school/Mother's Day Out this past Thursday. She'll be going 2 days a week for 5 hours. My hope is that with her in school, I''ll have a little more free time in the coming weeks and months to catch up on everything, including my blog.

Here's Kinley's stats and a little bit about what was going on with her back at 22 months:


  • She is 29 lbs. 13 oz. and 35-36" tall by my measurements at home. 
  • She is wearing a Size 5 diaper during the day and Size 6 at night. 
  • She is a Size 6 shoe. She fit in a couple of Size 7's too. 
  • She wears Size 24 month or 2T clothes. She can also wear a few 3T. 
  • Her hair is still curly at the bottom. Sometimes it almost looks like ringlets. Sometimes it's more straight. I wonder if once it's cut, if she'll lose all her curls or not. Her hair is long enough for pig tails and even a ponytail now. It looks really long when it's wet. 
  • She has the sweetest and most fun personality. 
  • She is a hugger. She gives hugs and kisses when anyone she knows leaves. When she sees her Papa and Gigi or Grandma and Papa, she just runs up to them and keeps hugging them. 
  • She says "Bye" really loud all the time! She says it in a super sweet voice while either waving or blowing kisses. 
  • She is usually Miss Personality and Miss Social. The ladies at CrossFit Sprag don't think that she meets a stranger. They talk about how she is so loving and super huggy. She started going through a little shy phase though. When I first go in the gym or any new place, she hides her face behind my leg and holds my leg tight while walking. When I mentioned to the girls at the gym that she was acting shy, they said "No, not Kinley, she's not shy at all!"
  • She doesn't want to just read a book or two at bedtime. She wants to read at least 5 books or more!
  • She sleeps with Tigey, a white Tiger stuffed animal that Blake and Victoria got her. She used to sleep with just Tigey but she started sleeping with Tigey under her right arm and my old pink bear under her left arm. It's the old pink bear that my dad got me when I was a baby after a hospital visit. 
  • She doesn't like things out of place. One day her crib rail cover was hanging to dry and she saw it and HAD to have it back on. She also saw something hanging on the door handle that didn't belong and HAD to move it!
  • When I put her in her crib at bedtime or nap time, she'll stand back up and make sure her cup or my phone aren't on her table by her crib and that I'm taking them with me. Once she sees that I've already grabbed them, she'll immediately lay right back down and go to bed.
  • She started loving Lucky. He's still not a big fan of her and would rather her stay away.
  • She's an eater. She loves meat. Her favorite meal is chicken at the moment. She also loves steak. She's slacking on her veggies. She's also been slacking on her fruits lately. She was eating a ton of fruit, but slowed down. She does love blueberries these days. She at a whole container in a day. It won't last long though. I'll stock up and she'll switch her favorite. She loves quacamole these days. We had quesadillas one night and she was literally licking the quacamole out of the containers. She quit eating eggs around this time for some reason. She loved Kodiak protein pancakes for breakfast. 
  • She loves Sonic ice. Colt's mom has an ice machine that makes Sonic ice at her house, and she immediately goes to the ice machine when she's there. 
  • She knows pretty much all her shapes but has no interest in colors. 
  • She loves to read,  play with puzzles, and build with legos and megablocks. I bought some teach my toddler activity sets on Amazon that she loves! They teach colors, numbers, letters, and shapes. The shapes one is her favorite. She loves playing with her flashcards. She also loves this matching game that we have. She is into taking care of her babies right now. She feeds them, pushes them in the stroller and swings them. I caught her trying to put one of her yogurt raisins in her baby's mouth. Then she got mad because the baby didn't swallow it! She LOVES outside. She LOVES bubbles. She wants to blow bubbles every single day. She brings them in and says "Please." She's started playing more and more in her kitchen. She loves to write in my work notebook so I bought her her own. She loves to color. She especially LOVES coloring with water. I bought her an aqua doodle mat and a Melissa and Doug Water Wow set. The Water Wow sets have been her #1 favorite toy for a while. We take them pretty much everywhere we go. I thought she would like Crayola Color Wonder, but she didn't like the delay and wasn't a big fan. She's not very patient!
  • When her dad is home, she gets in our bed at night and watches a movie or TV show with him. She doesn't do it when he's at work, but when he's home, it's her thing. She is in love with Finding Dory right now. I'm talking she LOVES, LOVES, LOVES IT!  She smiles so big when it first comes on. We've tried to switch it up on her and watch Toy Story or other things but Dory is definitely her favorite. She will sit through the whole movie and has for several months now. Because of her bedtime routine with her dad, her bedtime got late because if it. She slept until 8:30 or 9 though. A lot of mornings, I would have to wake her up to make it to the gym in time. 
  • She "helps" me fold clothes. She even puts towels and wash rags under her chin to "fold" them. It's pretty cute!
  • She's not a talker. She can. She just won't. She has said stuff to me before but when I ask her to repeat, she won't. The other day she said cracker and hasn't said it since. I've bought some Leap Frog DVDS for the car that a friend recommended in hopes that it'll help her start verbalizing a little more. She understands everything and her vocabulary is definitely increasing, she just doesn't really like to use her words that much. Her favorite word is apple. 
  • She loves the stool in her bathroom. She likes to use it wash her hands and brush her teeth. For a while there when the stool was new, we were having to do both of those things a LOT.
  • She has a thing for shoes. She likes all shoes. Her pink rubber boots are her favorite though. If I didn't hide them, she would have them on all day everyday! They laugh at her at the gym, because for a while there she usually had them on every morning, regardless of what outfit she was wearing. She also puts them on after her bath and wants to wear them to bed.
  • She likes to give the dogs treats. She makes them follow her around and sit beside her for a treat. She does her finger at them and says her version of "come on."
  • For a while, she did the cutest thing when I would put her in her crib. She would stand back up and give me kiss after kiss. I think it was a delay tactic and it didn't last too long. 
  • Her new thing is that for "I love you" she points to her eyes,  then crosses her arms at her chest and points at you. The pointing is the most exaggerated part. It's the cutest! We love it!
  • She naps for usually at least 2 hours a day... usually around 2-4pm or so. 
  • She was in gymnastics. She did good about every other week behaving and being interested. She has a good grip though and pretty good balance. She also mastered her front flip. I would say gymnastics had nothing to do with that one. That was just her playing at home. She thinks everywhere is her gymnastics gym... CrossFit Sprag, our frontyard... she finds her rings, a balance beam or some bars wherever she goes!
  • She is busy. We were around Gerald, Allison and Hensley one day and Allison made the comment that Kinley never slowed down! No... no, she doesn't! Hensley is a month younger than Kinley and was much more calm when we were around her. She would actually sit still for a little bit, not our child!
  • She still sleeps with her sound machine and projector on. She's a pretty good sleeper. Unless something is going on, like being sick or teething, she sleeps from bedtime until morning. One night though at 4 am, something on her monitor woke me up. It was her farm sound book. I started watching her on her monitor. She had pulled it off the bookshelf into her crib with her and was reading at 4am. She was just looking through it, then she threw it over the crib rail onto the floor and went back to bed! It was hilarious She didn't cry or say anything. She was just up for a little reading I guess! There have been several times that if she doesn't go straight to bed, she pulls books into bed with her and reads for a while.
  • She is an accident waiting to happen. She falls about 10 times a day. She just gets going too fast and doesn't pay attention. She'll take off sprinting through the house and runs smack into a wall!
  • Everyone loves her at HEB. We usually go in the mornings when older people are shopping. One man gave her money the other day. She also knows what Buddy Bucks are now. She's only done it a couple times but she remembers and wants to go spin the wheel before we leave the store. She helps put the groceries on the runner. She also helps put the bags in the cart and out of the cart into the car. She definitely likes to help me do everything! 

Next post... Kinley's 2 year update... a month late!


No comments:

Post a Comment