Pages

Monday, February 19, 2018

Introducing Cutler Colt Smithson - The Best Days of My Life

Cutler joined us on February 7th at 4:46 pm. He was 7 lbs. 13 oz. and 21 inches long. We are in love with this little boy. Your heart definitely grows when you have a baby. I already can't imagine life without him. He's made us a happy little family of four, plus the dogs! 

Unlike his sister, he didn't join us early like we thought he would. I ended up being induced at 39.5 weeks. He had almost 2 lbs. on his big sister when he arrived. I started typing his birth story the other night. I will post it eventually, along with a ton more pictures of our little man. Until then, here are a couple of pics of Cutler right after he was born. It's crazy how much babies change within a few hours of being born and especially within a day. I know I'm biased, but he's pretty handsome. He gets more and more handsome every day! 
Big sister spent two nights this past weekend with her Giggy and Pa. While I planned on getting a lot done and resting since only Cutler was here with me, I didn't. I couldn't put him down! I soaked in all the baby snuggles! I know I was the same way with Kinley, but I could hold and stare at him all day! I feel like with two kids, I haven't gotten to cuddle him quite as much as I did Kinley. I took advantage of some alone time with him! 

Looking back, I thought having one kid was hard and I was lacking sleep. Now that I have two kids, it seems like one newborn would be or should've been a breeze! Kinley was definitely not the easiest baby though. I also think that starting out in the hospital so long with her, we started out tired from the beginning. We had a little scare and the mention of being admitted to the hospital with Cutler for jaundice. Thankfully, we didn't have to! We've got to stay in our own home this time around. I'm not sure if it's because Cutler was full term, but he has nursed better from the beginning. It might change and I don't want to jinx it, but so far, he's sleeping a lot better than Kinley did. I don't remember Kinley ever really sleeping! With one newborn, you could nap when they nap (I didn't because I was running to the computer to try and get tax stuff done). With two, you don't even have the option to nap or rest! The hardest part to me the first week home was the feeling like I was neglecting Kinley and having to split my time between the two of them. I know I wasn't neglecting anyone, but I tried to give Kinley as much attention as possible and not change her normal routine. I didn't want her to feel left out or pushed aside.

 While I may be tired from waking up to feed the Cutler in the middle of the night or repeating myself to Kinley a million times a day, I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. I know, without a doubt, that these are the BEST days of my life. Unfortunately, it's going to go by in the blink of an eye, and I am going to miss every bit of it. Cutler is already a week and a half old. It already feels like time is flying by too fast! I saw the poem below  by John F. Connor twice recently. I don't know if it's the hormones or what, but both times, it almost brought tears to my eyes. Both Kinley and Cutler, along with their dad, make my world go 'round!

No comments:

Post a Comment