We had been talking about getting a new couch for a while. Our sectional that we had bought back in Commerce was losing it's cushion, at least when Colt was on it. We had glanced at a few stores, and we really liked a leather couch at Restoration Hardware that we had seen. We had a coupon so on New Year's Eve we decided to head to Dallas to go couch shopping. We went to Restoration Hardware and after looking at the couch more, we decided it wouldn't work and it wasn't worth the money even with the coupon. We ended up at Weir's Furniture down the street, which I highly recommend for new furniture, and we ended up liking not only one but two couches. We liked one leather couch and one fabric. We went back and forth forever, sit, laid and took pictures of each. Both looked great, but we just weren't sure about how we would like the leather. We use our couch a ton and we felt like we would end up always laying a blanker underneath us to lay on it.
We went and ate lunch at On the Border to think about it and then went back to Weir's.
After much debate, we went with the fabric. Even after we decided, I was still going back and forth and wondering if the leather would look better in our house so we went back to Weir's the next day just to be sure about our decision (I am not a good decision maker and I always overanalyze). When we walked in the next day, we definitely liked the fabric more.
I am so happy with our decision! I love the matching oversized chair too. They are both so comfortable.
Colt testing it out after it was delivered.
When they first delivered the couch, they tore the fabric on the side arm of the couch when they were getting it out of the truck. They left it with us and delivered us another one a few days later. If you are ever looking for furniture, go to one of their Weir's Outlets first. They have great stuff and that's probably where our barely damaged couch ended up.
I thought I would miss our sectional, but I like our new couch and chair so much more. They are so much better for our everyday use and tons better when anyone comes over.
Alex isn't ever allowed on furniture because she sheds so much but Lucky had his new spots picked out quick. His spot is either on the very top cushions of the couch or over in the very middle of the chair.
Another plus about changing couches is Colt sold our 4 year old couch for $350 on Craig's List. We had only paid around $1,000 or so for it that long ago and that was with an ottoman and some extra throw pillows that we kept. Not a bad return. I actually kinda felt like we had ripped the people that bought it off, but they seemed happy with their new couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment