Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

bunnies



Colt was mowing a few months ago. It had been a while since he had weed eated so it was a little grown up on the side of our fence. When he was weed eating, he found some bunnies. The mom left them, and one bunny immediately went across the street. Two were still in the back when he came and got me. One was hiding in the corner of the fence and the other one was just sitting in the middle of the grass being as still as he could. Our dogs kept walking right over them and never even saw them. Then I found another one in the front corner of the fence huddled up. The next morning, I let the dogs out to go to the bathroom and Alex immediately chased something. There had been a bunny behind our grill on our back porch. I called the dogs back and assumed the bunny had time to run off. I went ahead and let the dogs out to of the bathroom. After I got out of the shower and lets the dogs back in, Alex brought in a dead bunny in her mouth. I started screaming and made Colt come get it out of the house. I was almost crying. Poor thing. Alex probably tossed it around like one of her stuffed animals and just crushed it. I felt so bad especially since Colt kept rubbing it in that I went ahead and let her out even though I knew it was back there. I really hope that the others were old enough to survive without their mom and that they didn't suffer the same fate as the little one that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment