Colt's interview at UTSW in Dallas was this past week. We had dinner on Monday night with some of the current residents at Pat Green's new restaurant, the Rustic. It was a neat place and the food that we were served was good. The service on the other hand was awful but maybe it's beacuse they are still new and busy. I would definitely like to go back again sometime though. All of Colt's interviews were on Tuesday morning. He said they went really well. I think it went better than he even expected, and to me it was good to hear from some of the residents that he knew on Monday night about their experiences and how it's been going for them.
On a side note, I ordered a leopard infinity scarf online and it came in this week. I love it and I thought it was worth a selfie! I think it would make a great gift too but now they're sold out.
On a side note, I ordered a leopard infinity scarf online and it came in this week. I love it and I thought it was worth a selfie! I think it would make a great gift too but now they're sold out.
Thursday I ended up not going to work. Colt and I attempted to get some Christmas shopping done that afternoon and also did some TV shopping. We went to Fry's and went to Best Buy twice. Colt sold our projector to Blake and Victoria so in the next few weeks we're going to need of a new TV for our living room. Today he actually decided on a one and ordered it so it looks like we'll have a new TV by the end of the week.
Friday after work, we ended up going to grab dinner and then I fell asleep on the couch at about 9 while Colt was playing his video game! His new Xbox One that he had preordered had came in that day and he had the new Call of Duty game so our weekend looked a lot like this!
We were pretty much homebodies and stayed out of the cold weather all weekend!
Colt does have a lot of toys but I will say he's good at selling his old ones before he gets new ones, and I will say that the Xbox One is pretty neat. It controls our TV, receiver and even our cable. Colt can just talk to it and it pretty much does whatever. You can even talk to it and get it to fast forward the DVR. While we were homebodies this weekend, I did finish Allegiant, the 3rd book of the Divergent series. It was a little slow to me and not quite as good as the first two in the series so it was somewhat disappointing. In my opinion, I think the Hunger Games series was better because I remember not being able to put any of those down. Colt has an interview in Ft. Worth tomorrow morning. The weather is supposed to get bad tonight and they are paying for him a hotel, so after the Cowboys game he went ahead and left. I'm hoping the roads are either perfectly fine in the morning or bad enough that it makes it's a no brainer on whether I need to drive into work so that I don't waste a lot of time debating or sitting in traffic! Regardless... only a few days of work and then it's time to celebrate Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment