Last Sunday night we ordered take out for dinner and started Part II of Breaking Bad. I also ordered my 2014 planner that I'm super excited about! I went with Plum Paper Designs again this year, and I can't wait for it to come in. I don’t know why I get so excited about planners, but I do!
We had a busy week this past week. I worked out Monday, Wednesday and Friday night which is a record for me here lately. Colt had a basketball game at 8:30 Monday night in Dallas. I skipped out on this one and stayed home and ended up catching up on some things for work instead. Tuesday night we celebrated Colt's birthday with his family at Salt Grass in Rockwall. On Wednesday, Lindsey and Paul and their four kids came to town, so after working out on Wednesday we met them and most of Colt's family in Rockwall at Shenanigan's to hangout and bowl for a little while. It was a lot of fun! I will have to steal some of Dede's pics off of her facebook.
I also got to see Colt on Wednesday and Thursday while I was at work. I love seeing him in the middle of the day :) Wednesday he got done early so he just surprised me and stopped by to buy me some coffee. Thursday, on his birthday, he scheduled a dentist appointment in my building so we went out for a birthday lunch right before his appointment. We just went across the street to La Madeline's.
It was his 26th birthday! It's been exactly 7 years since I tagged along to his 19th birthday dinner celebration! For his birthday dinner, I offered to cook him a good dinner or go out to eat, but he wanted Hamburger Helper of all things. I asked if he was sure until he got irritated with me... but that's what he wanted. He wanted Hamburger Helper, and he wanted to relax and do nothing ... so that's what we did. We hung out and handed out candy to trick-or-treaters. His mom and David, Blake and Victoria, and Nikki and Davallen all ended up stopping by during the night.
This was also the first year I think that I haven't dressed up Lucky and Alex in their annual costumes. I don't think they were too disappointed about not having to put them on. Here's a pic of them a few years ago though.
It's been a nice, long and low-key weekend. I am so glad I am back to having two days off instead of one! After workout on Friday night, we went out to dinner. Saturday we did stuff around the house and I ran a few errands. Colt mowed and washed both our cars. Here's some pics of our yard after he got done on Saturday.
It looks great. He ended up getting yard of the month because it looks so good although he doesn't like having the yard of the month sign in our yard!
We ended up grabbing lunch at Chipotle in Mesquite on Saturday because we had some other errands we both had to run in Mesquite. Besides that, the rest of our weekend consisted of completely finishing the last season of Breaking Bad (I'm still not a fan of Walt) and just hanging out at the house for the most part. David come over to watch the Cowboy game with Colt today and Davallen came with him but neither one of us really watched the game.
This coming week, Colt starts the interview trail for residency. His first interview is in Temple where he did his away rotation. I'm going with him to this one. We have a dinner on Tuesday night and his actual interview is on Wednesday. They've put us in touch with some realtors so while he's interviewing, I may be exploring a little bit. It's exciting. I'm also excited to have a super short work week this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment