Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

14.1

For the CrossFit open this year, they released the workouts on Thursday and gave you until Monday night to complete the workout and get your scores submitted.

The 14.1 workout was: 
10 minutes AMRAP (as many rounds and reps as possible)
30 double-unders
15 power snatches (75 lb men/ 55 lb women)

We both did the workout on that Saturday, March 1st, because we were going to Temple to look at houses that Sunday. I ended up with 222 reps. I think I went unbroken on all but one round of the double unders so that was the easy part for me. The weight got heavy for me fairly fast though. Colt did the workout twice. On Saturday, he got 278 reps. He tried using a closer grip that time. He ended up using all arm strength and basically just muscling the weight up every rep. He also didn't quite have his double unders down that time. He wanted to try it again with a wider grip. We got stuck in Temple on Sunday night due to some crazy weather that I will talk about in the next post. Therefore, we ended up not heading back home until around lunch on Monday. We made it home in time to get up to the gym. Since we were there, he decided last minute to go ahead and do a redo. He got 289 reps the second time. I think he could've done even better than that if he would've been fresh. It seemed like on the second time he did it, he was tired before he even started round 2. That wasn't the case the first time.  It probably also didn't help that the whole time we were away from home on Sunday and Monday, we had fast food and his diet consisted of McDonald's and Taco Bell either!

Here's a little chart that shows our reps, the place we were in the region and an estimate of how we stood compared to everyone else in the region. 
Pics that I got off Facebook from 14.1. 
And some more pics that I took of him the first time he did 14.1. 
Getting ready to start. 
Dead at the end... 

No comments:

Post a Comment