Well ... in my last post when I said I would post soon... I obviously meant a month! This was definitely a long time ago considering Kinley will turn 8 weeks old in a couple of days. This was back on May 13th when I was around 32 weeks pregnant. I had definitely planned on getting all these old post up already. Now all I'm going to want to do when I do blog is post about what's going on currently! I'm hoping I will be able to get better about posting though because I feel like I'm FINALLY in a position I can take the time to. I'm finally caught up on thank you notes (it was hard since two of our showers were the weekend Kinley was born and presents were coming in the mail and from parents, etc.) I've gotten a few things done that I needed to get done both at work and around the house, and we're getting in somewhat of a better routine some days. Maybe in my small moments of spare time, I might choose to blog! Here lately sleep has been the better choice though! Then there's the fact that I actually sat down to write this and pump (I'm trying to get better at multitasking), and before I even got a sentence typed, Kinley had other plans for me! Now I am holding her in a baby carrier in need of a shower from having spit up and I'm sure milk all over me! I will say that the Baby K'tan baby carrier that Mallory gave me has been a life saver. I did have to watch youtube to figure out how to wear it, but it definitely makes it so I can get things done when all she wants me to do is hold her. I've made beds, cooked and pretty much done everything in it! Even ahead of catching up on the blog, I also have to make taking care of myself a priority too. I had big plans today of trying to get a workout video in (since I have managed to do a whopping 1 1/2 workouts since my postpartum checkup). That's one thing I can't do with a baby carrier on though so we will see if that ends up happening before the night is over!
Some days I feel like we really have this parenting thing down ... others definitely not so much! We will have a great day and she will sleep great at night. Then I will try to do the same exact thing the next day and it's the complete opposite! Colt says we have it figured out, it's just that she doesn't yet! Even on the days of chaos or when all that happens is staying on the couch with her, I wouldn't trade it for anything though!
Now here are some pics of me back when I was 32 weeks pregnant.
Yay...I got a post done! Now Colt gets off at 11 tonight... it's already 8 so not to be negative but I don't really have high hopes of getting a workout in, eating and getting her and myself bathed and ready for bed before then!
No comments:
Post a Comment