I had what ended up being my last doctor's appointment on Wednesday, June 10th. By my count, I was exactly 36 weeks. By the doctor's and hospital's counts, I was 35 weeks and 3 days. My appointment was at 11am that day. My water broke just a couple days later, on Friday morning. At my appointment, I was still 158 lbs., the same as my appointment the week before. Overall, I was up 38 lbs. since I found out I was pregnant. My blood pressure when the nurses initially checked it was 143/84. By the end of the appointment, it was 138/76. Dr. Smith did a cervical exam at this checkup. I was 1 cm dilated and my cervix was thinning. She said Kinley's head was down. She wasn't pushing with her head on my cervix yet but she was getting there. She did an ultrasound just to double check and make sure that everything she felt was accurate. Her head was indeed down. It had been a while since I had gotten to see her, and you could see her hair on the ultrasound. At first Kinley's heart rate was 161 which was high, but when they checked again shortly after it was 148. The doctor thought she was probably just excited the first time they checked. The doctor said we would probably plan on inducing at 38 weeks unless conditions changed to force it to be earlier. That night I had a girls dinner at Corona's in Belton with Whitney, Alicia and Kacie. When we were all leaving, they kept saying to let them know if anything happened. I assured them it would still be a few weeks... boy was I wrong!
This was a pic of my poor swollen feet (and toes) at the end of the day on June 10th. It was hard to elevate them or prop them up working all day at a desk. On the weekends, they wouldn't be as swollen but I was able to relax and put my feet up a lot more than during the week. Sitting all day could've contributed some or it could just be the way my body reacted ... who knows! Regardless of the reason, they were definitely swollen and I was definitely retaining fluid! I would hate to see what they would've ended up like if I would've went full term. At this point, I was sleeping with them propped up on as many pillows as I could fit stacked up under the covers at night.
When I took these pictures, I definitely wasn't planning on them being my last ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment