Kinley turned 8 months old on the 12th, and then we celebrated her first Valentine's Day just a couple days later. She is getting to be so much fun and really developing a little personality! Thankfully she is also starting to sleep a little better most days too. No, she still doesn't sleep through the night! I have so much I could say about her and what she's up to... which is more and more everyday... For now, I'll reverse back to July though (sigh...so long ago)! There is definitely not enough hours in the day!
At 7 weeks, we graduated out of our up to 7 lbs. onesies and pjs. She also started having blowouts at night in her newborn diapers. Size 1 diapers were a little big on her, but they worked better and made cleanup easier.
At 7 weeks, we graduated out of our up to 7 lbs. onesies and pjs. She also started having blowouts at night in her newborn diapers. Size 1 diapers were a little big on her, but they worked better and made cleanup easier.
July 25th
Our sleeping situation... whatever worked!
This was when I was still scared to cut her fingernails, and I was filing them instead.
July 26th
Checking out Lucky
Out for a walk around the block
Snuggling with Daddy... I think he misses this because he tried to lay with her and snuggle last night but she wasn't having it. I know I miss the newborn snuggles!
July 27th
Lucky in one of his spots in Kinley's room
On the 27th, she slept three hours without me holding her. Evidently it was a record since I wrote it down!
On the 27th, I also went and used my gift certificate that Colt's mom had gotten me for a pedicure and massage. I guess July 27th was the last pedicure I've had. It's February 23rd so I think I'm due! My pedicure that day wasn't the best but my massage was great! Usually they don't rub hard enough, but I almost had to tell this lady to ease up because it hurt a little bit. Colt kept Kinley that morning while I was doing that for about 2 hours. Then I had a dentist appointment that afternoon so he watched her again. Overall, he had her about 4-5 hours that day which is the most I think he's ever kept her. It was funny because he told me that he only got to sit her down 15 minutes total. He also said he made him a sandwich and didn't ever get to eat it! Haha... Welcome to my life at that time!
I think that was the start of a little growth spurt for her. Even when I got home that day, I had to hold her constantly. If I laid her down, it lasted 5 minutes tops. Needless to say, I didn't get dinner cooked or anything else done the rest of that day. The 28th and 29th she was the same way. Nothing would make her content, and I slept with her on my chest. This makes me laugh now, but evidently at the time, I was mad enough to write it down. I guess Colt woke me up one of those days after he'd been up playing a video game just to tell me that it had been 3-4 hours since she'd had a diaper change and ate. Evidently it irritated me, and I snapped at him! It's funny the different phases we've went through and how this seems like so long ago.
July 28th
On the 27th, I also went and used my gift certificate that Colt's mom had gotten me for a pedicure and massage. I guess July 27th was the last pedicure I've had. It's February 23rd so I think I'm due! My pedicure that day wasn't the best but my massage was great! Usually they don't rub hard enough, but I almost had to tell this lady to ease up because it hurt a little bit. Colt kept Kinley that morning while I was doing that for about 2 hours. Then I had a dentist appointment that afternoon so he watched her again. Overall, he had her about 4-5 hours that day which is the most I think he's ever kept her. It was funny because he told me that he only got to sit her down 15 minutes total. He also said he made him a sandwich and didn't ever get to eat it! Haha... Welcome to my life at that time!
I think that was the start of a little growth spurt for her. Even when I got home that day, I had to hold her constantly. If I laid her down, it lasted 5 minutes tops. Needless to say, I didn't get dinner cooked or anything else done the rest of that day. The 28th and 29th she was the same way. Nothing would make her content, and I slept with her on my chest. This makes me laugh now, but evidently at the time, I was mad enough to write it down. I guess Colt woke me up one of those days after he'd been up playing a video game just to tell me that it had been 3-4 hours since she'd had a diaper change and ate. Evidently it irritated me, and I snapped at him! It's funny the different phases we've went through and how this seems like so long ago.
July 28th
July 30th
Kinley hanging out in her swing... as you can see our living room was completely turned into a baby/sleep area!
I think this picture is funny. She looks like she's in deep thought!
On the 31st, we went to Matt and Whitney's in China Springs for a pool party at their new house. It was pretty hot so Kinley and I stayed in most of the time. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures. I guess I was a little busy tending to her. Afterwards, we headed from there to Forney for the weekend.
Other little notes from the week:
Colt started singing "my milk jugs bring all the boys to the yard" one day. I found it funny... I still do... and I still get it stuck in my head!
I was still having night sweats at this point, but one night that week it was even worse than normal. I was also having a little oversupply issue I think. I was hurting pretty bad, and I was doing warm compresses and a heating pad to try to ease the pain and break up any possible clogged ducts. I also took a couple of warm baths so I could try to hand express to help out. Man... what they don't tell you about breastfeeding! Now it's easy, but in the beginning, it was definitely a learning experience!














No comments:
Post a Comment