Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Week 6: July 18th-24th

Colt and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on the 18th. 

A few pictures of us "celebrating" our 6 year anniversary!
Gerald and Allison had their little girl, Hensley Grace. I cried when I saw pictures, and I text Colt and told him that I wanted to start over and do it all over again! He didn't text back. He picked up the phone and called me and asked me if I was crazy?! I was just not wanting Kinley to grow up, and I was wanting her to stay little and cuddle with me forever. It goes TOO fast! 

We drove to Terrell on the 19th to go meet Hensley. It was our first long car ride. Kinley did great! It was mama's first experience of pumping in the car. I'm pretty sure I got milk all over Colt's truck. 

July 19th - Our eyes were definitely still crossing at this point. 
Kinley and her new friend, Hensley
Kinley and Hensley with their grandmas.

I had my postpartum checkup on the 20th. My blood pressure was 119/70 which is pretty close to what my normal was pre-pregnancy. I was 129 lbs., so 9 lbs. away from my pre-pregnancy weight.
Here's a video of Kinley on the 20th that Colt took of her grunting, squeaking and stretching. 
It's not much to anyone else, but evidently we thought it was pretty cute!
We did some shopping at Kirkland's in Killeen because I had it in my head that our living room HAD to be redecorated to get rid of the maroon. 
Of course, I couldn't decide if I liked teal or red curtains so we bought both so I could see them hanging in our house and then take the ones I didn't like back. Colt gets so irritated with me, but he's a good sport. I should've just listened to him in the first place and only gotten the teal ones! We also got a couple of teal accent pieces to help change the look of the room. 
I think we tried to watch a movie. Kinley and I were out. Colt snapped these of us sleeping on him. 


My parents came to visit. It was the first time they had came down since she was born.  
I put Kinley in the little strawberry outfit that my mom had given her. 
Kinley with her Gigi (or Giggy).
My mom says you spell it Giggy, but I spelled it Gigi on their Christmas present this past year. Jennifer spells it Gigi too! My mom has several names... Jacob calls her Memaw, Lily and Logan call her Mimi, and Tenison started the Gigi trend. I guess that one's stuck for Heath's kids and ours. 
At this point, my dad still wasn't holding Kinley!
My mom already got emotional when it was just me, but now she definitely gets emotional every time we say goodbyes because she doesn't like living so far away. 

My parents drove their car down. Colt took a picture and text it to one of the other residents and told him we had a new car. He believed him at first... 
That definitely wouldn't be a baby friendly car!
Another one of me and Kinley sleeping...We did this a lot!
We put Kinley in her swing in her bedroom to see if she liked it. Colt put her in. I went in there to check on her, and he had it on the highest sitting! She was moving.
Here's a video of her swinging on the 22nd.
And because we're obsessed parents, here's another one of us walking on the 23rd.
This was also on the 23rd and is one of my favorite pictures.
Evidently this was one of the nights we moved to the couch. It was at 4am. Kinley was sleeping and I look like I was in need of sleep!
A couple other little things from the week:

I thought that Kinley started giving me little smiles that week.

Jodi Benham brought us dinner one night. It was homemade and had veggies that she had gotten at the farmer's market. It was so good! I'm telling you, meals are the best gift!

I ended up trying Insanity that week after my checkup. It was the first time that I had worked out besides just going on walks. All I did was the fit test. My boobs were hurting. I nearly threw up when I was in the shower afterwards. My lungs were also burning like I had been running in the cold, only I hadn't! I should've kept at it, but sadly, I've only worked out hard less than a handful of times since then. It's definitely time to get back in gear. I'm out of shape, and I've lost all my muscle. I did 5 pull-ups a week or so ago when we took Davallen and Kinley to the park, and I could feel it in my arms and was breathing hard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment