Colt was off on the 15th-19th for a five day stretch. My parents came for a visit while he was off. Other than that, I don't think we did too much other than our daily routine at the time. Colt did mount a TV and sound bar in our bedroom. I think he did it to give him a better setup to play PlayStation on. The perk for me was that it made it super easy to watch Netflix in bed while feeding Kinley! I binge watched both Gilmore Girls and Parenthood in the few months after Kinley was born!
August 16th - Snuggled up against me in the Baby K'Tan
Don't remember the reason for the expression... but it does looks like I actually had on makeup.
August 17th - she didn't stay asleep too long without me holding her. This is my baby blanket from when I was a baby (that I carried around with me forever). It's my favorite because it's so soft from all the use.
August 18th - I'm telling you, I loved the baby carrier
When my parents were here, we went out to Deadfish Grill for lunch. Kinley was so good! She just sat there and sucked on her paci.
August 20th - Alex laying on top of Kinley
August 21st - Lucky always laid on her too... anywhere they can get comfortable.
The many expressions of Kinley.
Sleepy girl
Other notes from the week:
She started sucking two of her fingers and would always try to do it while she was nursing too. This is a habit that didn't stay because she never really sucks on her fingers or thumbs now.
We decided that her feet stunk around this time. We joked that they stunk like daddy's. Our families didn't believe me, but they did. Her feet get really sweaty, like her daddy's, and they really did stink. They didn't smell like sweet baby feet. Luckily, I quit noticing this too. They still sweat, but they don't really stink anymore.
Lucky jumped and landed on her one day while I had her laying and sleeping on the couch. I think it scared her more than anything, but he did scratch her and break skin on the top of her head! She woke up, scram and went right back to sleep! This was the first of a few times that he's jumped on her. He also used to always walk right on or over her while she was sleeping in our bed. He just didn't see her and completely walked all on her!
Our dryer went out that week. They were going to charge us quite a bit to come and fix it. Luckily, I have a pretty handy husband that figured out what part we needed, ordered it and fixed it himself. With a newborn, even going a couple days without a dryer was a little bit of a pain. I'm glad we didn't have to get a new dryer though!














No comments:
Post a Comment