Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sickness Hit our House

Well sickness took over our house the last week. Last year, November was our month of sickness. This year, hopefully it was just a week of December and doesn't continue! It was pretty miserable, especially being pregnant. For Colt and I, I would say it was worse than last year. For Kinley, she never really acted like she felt too bad. She was throwing up and had diarrhea, but she kept going and playing. She started on Friday throwing up. She threw up in bed. It scared her more than anything. She was worried about her bed and clothes being dirty! After I got her and her bed cleaned up, she went right back to bed. She acted better the next day. She actually acted so good that I went ahead and took her to the Whitehouse Christmas parade, and she had a blast. I also went ahead and gave her milk that night before bed. That was a bad idea because she threw it up all over Colt and all over her bedroom! Then her diarrhea started and continued for a few days. I know one day we went through 3 pairs of pajama pants by mid-day. I don't think I've ever done so much laundry ever! She also didn't eat for about 6 whole days almost. She kept drinking, but I was so happy when she finally got her appetite back. I kept her home from school on both Tuesday and Thursday. She probably could've went on Thursday, but I was still scared since she didn't have her appetite back. 

I came down with what she had a day after she did, on late Saturday night. I was bathing Kinley, and I yelled at Colt that he needed to come take over. I immediately started throwing up. I threw up several times. At one point, I was actually on the toilet and throwing up in the bathroom trashcan at the same time. It was awful. This was the same night that Colt put Kinley to bed for me and she threw up on him. I'm sure we were quite a sight! My body started aching so bad during the night Saturday night that I couldn't sleep. Sunday Colt went into work and Kinley and I spent a lot of time just watching TV in bed. Actually, she was entertained by watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I dozed in and out and tried to recover. I was more weak than anything. It took me a few attempts to finish shampooing her carpet in her room because I had to sit down and rest! I would feel ok and then start laundry or something and have to take a break. Colt made a trip to the store for us when he got off to stock up on Pedialyte, chicken noodle soup, jello and all that good stuff. I was lucky mine only lasted about 24 hours. 

I thought Colt had missed out on getting sick. Then he came down with it too. He was sicker than I think I've ever seen him. He kept telling me how achy he was. I was like yes, I know. However, he had had a cold prior to coming down with the stomach bug so I think it hit him harder than it hit me. His lasted a few days longer than mine did. He was off on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and he basically spent the whole time being sick. We had plans to go to SantaLand with his family. We went ahead and went since he thought he was getting better. Right before it was time for our family Santa picture, we turned around and he was running out the door to throw up. He was obviously still not over it. He had to go to Sulphur Springs and work on Thursday night. He didn't feel like it, but he didn't really have a choice. I sent him with all kinds of soft food and juices to try to get him through. When I talked to him on Friday, he sounded awful. While his stomach was finally better, his cold that he had had before he got sick, was 10 times worse. He had woke up with fever and sounded pretty miserable. He thinks he developed pneumonia or something. He started an antibiotic and made it through his two nights of work in Sulphur Springs. I think he told a patient or two that he was sicker than they were! He's home and getting better but still not over it. On top of a lot of laundry, I've used a lot of bleach... so much so that my hands are all dried and cracked. I'm hoping that Kinley and I don't get whatever else he had now, and that we stay healthy the rest of the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment