Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Hand, Foot, and Mouth Takeover


I did a previous post about when we all had hand, foot, and mouth disease. Here are the pictures that I took to go along with it. 

April 16th
This is what Kinley woke up looking like.  She kept saying, "I hurt myself. Take it off." 
Sweet little princess
April 17th
We were roughing it. She dressed herself. We were obviously in the socks with sandal phase too.
It was tax day. Everything I had left had been extended. It's a good thing because I wasn't able to get any work done that day, that's for sure. day
This was some of the blisters and sores on her hands and feet. 
April 20th
I started getting a sore throat and headache on the 19th and that night had chills and fever. Colt's parents had stayed the night on the 19th and ended up taking Kinley back home with them and she stayed at their house the night of the 20th and 21st. It was a good thing because I ended up spending the whole day on the couch feeling awful. By the night of the 20th, I had sores all in the back of my throat. I was really hoping that by some miracle Cutler wouldn't get it. 
April 21st
I woke up and it felt like knives in the back of my throat. The bumps on my hands and feet started too. Around lunch that day I noticed a sore on the bottom of Cutler's foot and another on his hand. He ended up only getting a few bumps. I saw one bump in his mouth when I attempted to look and his throat was red. I think his latch while nursing changed, either that or my skin was just super sensitive. If he was hurting bad, he was a trooper though. 
April 22nd
Bumps everywhere... I had to drive to Canton to get Kinley that day too. 
April 23
I started looking even more like a hobbit or something. I even had bumps up to my knees. It was miserable. I went from an itchy phase to a phase where I felt like I was on fire. Then it just hurt to touch anything and felt like I was touching and walking on needles. 
April 24th
April 25th
After the bumps went away, my skin just got splotchy. If I touched something, a red spot would pop up and my skin would end up flaking off. 
This was BAD stuff. Poor Kinley ended up losing fingernails and toenails. Thankfully, they finally ended up growing back normally. She still has one toenail that hasn't came back quite right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment