Cutler turned 3 months old on May 7th. We didn't have a checkup that month so by my scale at home, he was 14 lbs. 3 oz. He had over a pound over his sister at that age. We ended up having to go to the doctor on May 30th when he was sick with bronchiolitis and at that appointment, he weighed 15 lbs. .5 oz. (48th percentile).
He was wearing size 2 diapers. He had outgrew all of his 3 month pajamas. He was wearing a lot of 3-6 month clothes but could still wear a few 0-3 month.
He gave up the nipple shield while nursing. I had mastitis and started looking at causes of recurrent mastitis and one was the use of a nipple shield so I attempted to not use it and he went with it. He didn't really like his paci too much prior to 3 months. I had been trying to use a Wubbanub style pacis, and he wasn't a fan. One day, Kinley crammed a Mam paci in his mouth. That's when he started liking them!
Most nights he was still waking every 3-4 hours. I had moved him to his room prior to 3 months, but then decided to put him back beside our bed. On May 11th, I gave him a bottle instead of nursing for his last feeding and he slept almost 6.5 hours. On May 12th, I think I started him in his room again and he did good. I'm pretty sure that he stayed in his room most of the time after that. Compared to Kinley's sleep patterns, I was overjoyed with his sleep. If he did cry when going down, he would cry for just a minute and fall asleep. Kinley never gave up.
He loves Kinley and always smiles at her.
He has the biggest smile.
He loves his bath.
He was cooing and making noises more and more.
He smiles at his basket of diapers over his head while he's laying on the changing pad.
He was pretty easy going while out and about and riding in the car.
At 3 months, he started putting his hands in his mouth and wouldn't take them out. It was almost like he was teething even though he wasn't.
At 3 months, I don't think that him and Kinley looked alike. In some of our videos of Kinley at 3 months, they remind me of each other though.
No comments:
Post a Comment