There are only certain people that understand the significance of days like today. Today is 9/15... which means another tax deadline down! ALMOST every return that was extended back in April was due today, except for individuals. Now we get a tiny little break! We only have to work 8 hours tomorrow and Friday and don't have to work this Saturday, but then it's time to gear back up for the 10/15 deadline.
This tax deadline seemed rougher to me than any in the past. The hours really weren't bad, and we only had to work a couple of weekends due to Labor Day and stuff, but for some reason it seemed more draining. I think it was probably just all the last minute stuff on bigger returns, but I really don't know why. I had a pretty consistent schedule due to the fact that carpooling with Colt made me get up early and get in and out of the office at pretty much the same time everyday. I was usually there about 1 1/2 to 2 hours before most people so I would get a lot done in the morning, and I was out of there at a decent time. The only day I really worked more than average (for busy season) was yesterday and yesterday was a really long day.
Usually I am done on deadline day before lunch and the day is pretty easy, but today I finished up my last group of returns at like 4:30. I think after these last couple of weeks, I've become an expert at M-3 reconciliations and different input into the tax software, and I actually really enjoyed the group I was working on! I like working on groups and being able to see the entire picture and how all the different pieces fit together, and I like doing returns that make me think more than usual. I actually hope I get work on them again next year, and I usually don't say that!
Now time to quit staring at a computer! Happy 9/15!
Oh and another good thing happened today... Colt found out he made an A on his second biochem test! Much better than he did on the first one :) He's been working really hard, and I'm very proud of him!
Oh and another good thing happened today... Colt found out he made an A on his second biochem test! Much better than he did on the first one :) He's been working really hard, and I'm very proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment