Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lucky's Injury - 9/18

This is out of order and I'm way behind, but I'm going to try and get caught up this weekend.
A while back we went over to Brock and Lindsey's for dinner. While we were there it started storming like crazy, and we had left both of the dogs outside that night not knowing that the storm was coming.
We hurried home when it looked like it was getting bad and we got home to two soaking wet dogs and one that was injured! We're not too sure what he did to his nose?! All the skin was off and it was swollen on the left side. I felt bad for him and babied him, but he didn't act like he was in too much pain. He was just glad we were home. We ended up just putting neosporin on it, which he immediately licked and rubbed off.
We either think he got scared, stressed out and either ran into the grill, the dog house or something or Alex got scared and accidentally did it to him.. or the most likely story is he ran into the electric fence. He had been getting out a lot lately and somehow getting under or over the electric fence and finding a way out. Colt adjusted the wire and basically doubled it up at his little spot where he had been getting out. I think he wasn't expecting it to be there and with the rain, he just ran into it. Either way, he's all better now. Poor guy.
His swollen little nose
He is definitely a little brat. We haven't had any trouble with him getting out since then though, which I guess is a good thing that came out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment