Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

13.3 - Week of March 18th - 24th

This particular Monday started off hectic at work with a client meeting where I found out we were taking over their entire bookkeeping for multiple entities and personal. We didn't have a lot of time or people to do the work so it was just an added headache to figure out what all needed to be done so close to the deadline (two months later it's still a headache!). I also had my monthly Lotto Lunch at work that Wednesday with a couple co-workers at Senor Beans across from work. That week Davallen was on her Spring Break and was in town from El Paso. By Friday, we still hadn't seen her yet, so Friday night we had dinner with her and Colt's parents at Tokyo Harbor. Saturday morning, we went to Greenville to do workout 13.3 at CrossFit Downtown. Neither one of us had done the workout on Thursday night so we both had to get it in by the end of the weekend. Colt had spent all day Friday working on his double unders since he didn't quite have them yet, and he wore himself out. We debated on Saturday morning whether we were going to go or wait until Sunday and do it in Forney. We ended up deciding to just go on Saturday and get it over with. He should've really probably waited until Sunday to go rather than Saturday and he was mad at himself for not waiting.

The 13.3 workout was:
12 minutes AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
150 Wall Balls (20 lb ball to 10' target men/14 lb ball to 9' target women)
90 double unders
30 muscle ups

This was by far the WORST workout for me, and I hurt the LONGEST afterwards. I couldn't have done a redo even if I would've wanted to! When we went on Saturday, I was the only girl that could've gotten a muscle up there so my goal was to get through all the double unders and at least get 1 muscle up. If I could've got 1, that would've put me ahead but that definitely DIDN'T happen! I barely finished the wall balls! It took me 11:33 to finish the walls balls ... so almost the whole time. I had 27 seconds to walk over and start double unders. I got 7 in, so my total score was 157. If I could've got to the double unders earlier, I think I would've been fine because I can do them. I was a little disappointed and I definitely dislike wall balls. My legs hurt until the following Wednesday!


Since Colt was just starting to get the hang of his double unders, he knew they would be his issue. If he could get to muscle ups he would be fine on those. He flew through the 150 wall balls in 7:37 which was fast, and he left himself a lot of time for double unders. He was using a heavy rope, and he definitely struggled with the double unders. He got 63 though which was pretty impressive considering he couldn't string more than 10 together at a time before that week. He ended up with 213 reps. He wasn't a happy camper though because he left himself so long and couldn't get to the muscle ups. It wasn't a fun ride home. He was mad that he went on Saturday after being tired from working on them rather than waiting until Sunday.  If he was to do this workout now, he would do awesome because now he has his double unders.  Even though we both didn't do too great, we didn't really move down as much as we thought we would in the results but we definitely moved down.

After the results for 13.3 were all submitted, Colt was 1,067 in the region (out of 4,487 about 23.8%), and he was 14,277 in the world. On this workout he was 2,204 in the region so it hurt him.  I was sitting at 1,131 (out of 2.996 about 37.8% ), and I was 14,519 in the world. I was 1,807 on this workout.

Some pics from Thursday night when we went to the gym to cheer on some of the others that were going
Colt yelling at Austin
Colt and Mark getting in a practice run on the wall balls
Pre-workout on Saturday morning in Greenville
Trying out a muscle up... if only I would've got that far!
I'm sure he was telling me to keep going!
The few seconds I had left for double unders
And post-workout!
Colt was being a little obnoxious with his chalk. It was an inside joke from a couple weeks before. 
I put my camera on sports mode and snap away so unless I weed out a ton... it's about to be picture overload of Colt. 
A couple pics that Brandi took.
This was probably about the time I offered him his inhaler and he threw it at me! Ha!
And on to the jump rope
Frustrating...
I would so wanna see him do this workout again now that he has his double unders. 
Colt post-workout. 
The workout in Greenville didn't end until later. When we got back to Forney, I headed straight to work and worked from about 3-7 or so that night to get some hours in. Colt went and rented an ariator for the yard and did that while I was working. He was exhausted by the end of the night. I don't know how he hauled that thing around the yard after the workout that morning. He said the wall balls weren't hard for him, but they were for me! I could barely get out of a chair to stand up for days!

On Sunday, we went and saw Olympus Has Fallen with Gerard Butler. It was a good movie! After the movie, we headed o the gym to watch some Sunday redos. Melina was the only one that ended up doing it so we watched her and then headed home. 












No comments:

Post a Comment