Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Colt's Spring Break, Easter, The Flu? and Shooting - March 25th - April 7th

Well Colt's two weeks off for Spring Break weren't too exciting I don't think. It fell during one of my busiest times of the year so he entertained himself most of the time. After the first few days, I think he had already accomplished all his projects he had on his list. Week 1, Josh and him put lighting in his truck at the beginning of the week. Then Josh helped him level the yard as well. That Monday night, we also had a double date night in Rockwall with Josh and one of Colt's friends from college that we set him up with. We had dinner at Salt Grass and then went and bowled a couple games at Shenanigan's. Somehow, I was bowling great the first game. I kept bowling strike after strike. Needless to say, I beat Colt :). It was a lot of fun, and it was kinda nice to do a date night on a Monday night. We also got to do a lunch date at La Madeline's one day during the week when he came up to go to the dentist. When he took me to lunch, I saw these pink flowers outside my work. When I got home that afternoon, he had them planted in our flower bed! In addition to planting flowers that week, I think he ended up cleaning out the garage and organizing the office. 
He also bought some more flowers the day of our lunch date and had this sitting on our front porch. 
That Saturday, we both did 13.4 at our gym. I will do a seperate blog post about that. 
Sunday, in addition to Easter, it was also Dede's birthday. We went to his mom's house for lunch. David made steaks and baked potatoes and we took it over to Molly's to eat with her and Dennis. After lunch, we just hung out at his mom's before heading to the gym at 4 for Colt to do a re-do of 13.4. Later that night, Colt invited Dede and David over to our house for a movie. We went to Wal-Mart and picked up cheesecake and a few other groceries. Then we watched Silver Linings Playbook.

Week 2,  on that Monday I woke up with a little sore throat and a headache. All day long, I had a headache and started getting achier and achier as the day went on. On my drive home, I was squinting my eyes and it hurt to drive. As soon as I walked in the door, I laid on the couch. About an hour or so later, Colt checked my fever and I was running about 101.5. I debated about going to an urgent care or just waiting until the next day. By the time, we decided to go ahead and go, the Care United in Forney was closed so we headed to Mesquite to the CareNow. I was running about 102 when I got there. The doctor said he thought it was the flu and thought it was too early to test positive for the flu. He prescriped Tamiflu and then Hydrocodeine for the aches and pains. We went to the 24 hour pharmacy in Mesquite and waited FOREVER. Poor Colt... not exactly a fun way to spend your Spring Break! As soon as we got home, I popped my medicine and I was out. All day Tuesday, I barely moved from bed. It hurt to move or even prop myself up. I slept pretty much the whole day. Colt went and got me a milkshake and chicken noodle soup at lunch but I didn't really have an appetite. By about 10:30 that night I started getting hungry. He went and got me a burger from Whataburger, which I usually never get, but it was so good for some reason! Wednesday, I wasn't quite as achy but all my other symptoms were worse. I was more congested and coughing more. I would feel good for a couple hours and then get completely wore out and be back in bed for a few hours. I stayed home again on Thursday as well. Friday I went to work but ended up not making it the entire day. Missing that much work at the end of tax season is not ideal. I ended up being sick twice this tax season, first with bronchitis and then with what we assume was truly the flu.

Saturday was the first day that I was feeling pretty good again. I went to work and worked a long day since I had missed so much earlier in the week. Colt went to CrossFit Royse City that morning to do 13.5, which again, will have it's own post. Sunday, I needed to get 13.5 in to have a score and finish the CrossFit Open so I went to the gym and did it on Sunday afternoon with a few other people. I hadn't done anything physical since the Saturday before when we did 13.4. When I got to the gym, I still wasn't sure I was even going to do the workout because I still wasn't feeling GREAT or close but I went ahead and did it. 

After the workout, we went with a lot of people from our gym out to Britney's land to shoot guns for a little while. After shooting, most of us went to Terrell to eat Sushi and Hibachi (Colt and I just ate Hibachi)! 

Colt, Ben, Travis and Mark
Most of the group 
 Shelley
 
And some random pics of the dogs from sometime during those two weeks off 
Lazy Alex
 and Lucky looking a little crazy





No comments:

Post a Comment