Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The last couple weeks

When we got back from South Carolina, I was off work for a few more days at the beginning of the week. We didn't do that much and it was great. Wednesday, I had to take Colt to the airport for his last interview until January. He went to Albuquerque, New Mexico this time. He had to be there for a dinner Wednesday night and his actual interview was on Thursday, the 12th. While he was in New Mexico, his cab driver took him by the hotel that was on Breaking Bad.
After his interview on Thursday while him and some other candidates were killing some time before flights, they drove by Jesse Pinkman's house. 
 I know he was relieved that this was his last interview for a little while. Gerald and Allison were in Forney that Friday night so we ended up going with them to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. On Saturday, Colt went to race go-carts with a group of his friends from high school. My parents also came into town on Saturday for my dad's work Christmas party. They were staying the night in Frisco and we were babysitting their dog, Pistol, so they stopped by on Saturday to drop him off.  Saturday night we had Christmas with Tooter and Linda at Red Lobster. It was just us, Nicci and Davallen this year. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics. Sunday morning, my parents were at our house to pick up Pistol before we were even up and finished showering. They spent a few hours at our house, and my mom and I ended up running to Rockwall for a little bit to run some errands (yes I used my credit card at Target and am at risk to the credit card breach... I've tried calling to cancel my card and it's constantly busy!) After the Cowboy game on Sunday, Colt and I watched the final couple episodes of the current season of Sons of Anarchy. I was crying, and I hadn't even been really watching the show! Colt started watching the series on NetFlix this month without me. While he was watching the last season or 2, I kinda started watching and keeping up as he had them on. The last episode was sad and twisted! It definitely didn't make me want to start watching the show from season 1 since I knew how it would end. Colt said it made him not even want to watch the next season. 

This past week started off with a flat tire on Monday morning.  My low tire pressure had been coming on every once in a while since it got really cold. I thought it was just the weather because it would go back off. Monday morning, it definitely sounded and felt funny but I kept driving on it! I ended up driving all the way almost to work on Monday morning and ended up having to pull over on Hwy. 175. I called Colt and he came to change it for me. He wasn't very happy with me either. Of course he was mad that I kept driving on it but he was even more mad by where I parked the car after pulling over and off on the service road. Since I kept driving on the tire, what would've just been a nail in the tire and a free patch, turned into Colt having to order me a brand new tire. Lesson learned... if something sounds funny... go ahead and pull over immediately... which I knew... I don't know why I didn't! Monday night we went to dinner with Josh and Brianna at Taco Diner to celebrate Josh's birthday. 
A random phone pic of our dogs this week!
We had my work Christmas party on Thursday of this week, and I ended up with this little Nutcracker. 
I ended up leaving work a little early on Thursday to go pick up a Christmas present at the mall thinking it wouldn't be crowded. That was a big mistake. I went strictly in and out. Due to the crowd, we ended up running to Wal-Mart that night and did grocery shopping and some last minute Christmas shopping so that we didn't have to get out in the crowds again this weekend! 
Friday night we did make a trip to eat Salt Grass for dinner and pick up our last Christmas present. Yesterday I wrapped presents so I think we're done! I definitely waited until last minute this year. 
Here are a couple more random recent pics that were on my phone.
 I think he was taking inventory. 
And I just thought this was funny!
This is Colt's last week off for a while. Due to the way Christmas falls this year, I took the whole week off as well, and we are heading to my parents tomorrow to begin Christmas celebrations with the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment