Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Colt's Medical School Graduation (and pneumonia)

I wrote about the week or so leading up to graduation here. Graduation day was on Friday, May 30th. That morning, since I was still sick, and it didn't seem to be getting better, while Colt went to the school that morning, I went to the CareNow in Forney. After seeing the doctor and a chest x-ray, I found out that I had pneumonia... which is what Colt thought and probably the reason why I never got better on my own. So it was a breathing treatment for me and then to pick up more meds and inhalers before I slept the day away (yet again) until it was time to get ready.  

Colt's family and my family met up at our house and headed into Dallas for dinner at Uncle Julio's before graduation. 
Colt left dinner before the rest of us to head to get ready for graduation. Graduation was held at the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House downtown. I really wish we would've gotten there a little earlier because I would've liked to get some more pics outside while it was still daylight. 
Here is a pic that I stole from Katie 's blog of Brock, Adam, Ryan and Colt before graduation.
Here is the video of Colt graduating and officially becoming a M.D. 
And some pics that I snapped during graduation (in-between blowing my nose). To me, it seems like it wasn't long ago that we were heading to pre-op and starting medical school.
Colt was indeed the only one wearing blue jeans and boots! That's him though. 
After graduation with his mom
and our niece, Davallen
Gerald and Allison couldn't make it to dinner, but they made it to graduation 
Colt and Brock
J.P. Slovak, one of Colt's professors from A&M - Commerce, that we've stayed in touch with was able to come 
Colt with David and Dede
My parents
Colt with Nicci and Davallen
And all of them with Nicci's husband, Kevin
Gerald and Allison
Another one with Slovak
with Josh
I am super proud of Colt for all of the hard work and hours he's put in. I know he's going to make a great doctor, and I'm excited to keep watching him grow in his career! 





No comments:

Post a Comment