Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Labor Day Weekend in Forney

Colt got off on August 29th at 2am, and he was off all day on both the 30th and the 31st. He doesn't get a lot of days off in a row so we decided to head to his parents and visit them for Labor Day weekend. After he napped for a little while when he got off on Friday morning, we headed to Forney.  It was the first time we had been back since we moved. One thing we missed there was our old eating places. Before we even went to his parent's house, we stopped at Cowboy Chicken and grabbed lunch. I had told a lot of people from work that I would stop by so I dropped Colt off at his mom's, and shortly after, I headed into Dallas. I definitely don't miss that drive. Colt didn't want me to go because he knew I would end up staying longer than just an hour or two, and he was right. I didn't get back to their house until around 6 I don't think. It was good to get to visit with everyone though, and meet some of the new staff that had started since I left. Friday night Dede cooked us dinner, and we watched The Other Woman. Since it was our first time back in Forney, it was also our first time to be back at our old house since they had moved in. I thought it would be a little weird, but it was actually really homey and comfortable. Going to bed was a little odd since we were in the spare bedroom instead of the master, and our dogs were a little confused. They tried to go to bed in the master bedroom instead of with us!

One of  my "must dos" of the trip was to get my fix for mexican food! Saturday morning Dede had to go into work for a little while, but when she got home, the four of us went to Rockwall and ate lunch at On the Border. It was oh so good! Unfortunately since Colt was fighting getting sick, he couldn't really taste it and didn't have much of an appetite. After lunch, we headed to Home Goods, and I did a little shopping. I found a lot of good stuff that I ended up completing our master bedroom with in the new house.  The rest of the day, we lounged at the house. Since Colt had been working so much and also wasn't feeling that great, we just did some much needed relaxing. I think we did end up watching Act of Valor on Saturday night. Sunday we relaxed a little more before we headed home around dinner. Before we left, Dede wanted to snap some pics so here's a few pics before we headed home. 
On our way out of town, we made one more of our old restaurants and grabbed food at Oscar Delta before the trip home. It was a fun weekend, and it was good to go to our old home for a visit! 





No comments:

Post a Comment