Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

December

December seemed to fly by the weeks leading up to Christmas. 
I went to Dallas on the 5th to attend my work Christmas party at the Dallas Aquarium. After the party, I went to a couple of stores in Dallas before heading back home. While at HomeGoods, I ended up buying all of Tenison's Christmas, and then I also purchased some books for our little one! This is the only thing that I have bought so far! Oh.. and while at the Christmas party, my car also got hit. Lucky for me, the lady that hit me left her phone number, and I was able to contact her and get all of her information. Besides a few trips to the repair shop and a phone call with insurance, thankfully it ended up being pretty painless.
Later that night afer I got back home, we headed straight to Josh and Brianna's for dinner. Josh cooked us steak. Unfortunately, the thought of steak then and still makes me sick but everythinge else was good! 

Since my fall wreath turned out pretty good, I decided to give it a try again and update our Christmas wreath one weekend when Colt was working. 
December also consisted of more interview dinners, and we hosted another one at our house.
Out by the lake in Belton, they have a drive-thru Christmas light show called Nature in Lights. A couple of us had planned on going in the middle of the week to avoid the line and crowd. Last minute, Josh and Brianna backed out, but Tina still went along with Colt and I. It was really good and it was definitely worth the small entry fee!
On Saturday, the 13th, we attended the EM department Christmas party at Dr. Drig's house. It was good to get to meet a few more people that I've heard Colt talk about. 

I also baked for another SWMEA bake sale. I didn't get to taste the final product, but the batter was good! I made Mix and Match Mama's Red Velvet Bundt cake. It was super easy, but since I was in a hurry, I don't think I let the icing sit in the fridge quite long enough. 
All month we thought Colt was going to have to work Christmas Day, and regardless, his days off around Christmas were very limited. Since we weren't going to be able to go visit Tooter and Linda, they, along with Clinton, came down to visit us on the 18th after Colt got off work. Colt grilled steaks for us, and we had a great dinner and visit with them. They also gave us our babies first little stuffed animal as part of our Christmas present!

That weekend Colt was working, and on Saturday, I started not feeling too great and ended up running fever. I text Colt and ended up running to the store to get some Tylenol to make my fever go down. After that, I ended up staying sick and congested for a week and a half to two weeks. I actually thought I was feeling better around Christmas, but on Christmas Day, I felt like I took a turn for the worse and was running fever again. That night, Colt went and got me a humidifier and finally after a few more day, I started feeling better.

And a random phone pic… at the end of December, I had to fill out all my benefit stuff for work. Obviously, I had to check yes to question #3, which meant at least one person in HR would know I was pregnant. Not that she would've shared, but because of this, and because they were in the middle of transitioning a lot at work, I went ahead and told two of the partners around Christmas that I was pregnant even though I wasn't really planning on sharing until sometime in January. 
Since I uploaded his phone pics after the original post... Also in December, Colt got new tires on his truck. They did make his gas mileage a little worse, but he loves them. 
More on Christmas coming in a seperate post!

No comments:

Post a Comment