Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

April


April was a bit of a whirlwind. Colt was in MICU that month, one of the two rotations that are supposed to be the longest hours during first year. I, of course, was wrapping up tax season the first couple of weeks. Per our phones and my planner, here's a little recap of our April... 

The pups hanging out outside my work window… I guess Lucky thinks it's cooler laying the middle of the monkey grass than anywhere else.
Our blooming hibiscus which have since quadrupled in size
And our roses that were blooming like crazy in April
One of our squirrel friends hanging upside down eating
They started eating about two corn a day so we had to quit replenishing so often. 
They also started getting more comfortable and coming up on the back porch. 
Baby stuff started arriving. Her bedding came in. Our jogging stroller that Nicci ordered us came in, and a few other gifts came in. For a while there, the room was covered in boxes. 
Some bows came in to start baby girl's bow collection. 
On April 15th, tax deadline day, I had flowers delivered from Dede and David!
Colt was off on the 15th for the first time in 14 days. Luckily, it wasn't a bad deadline day so we got to see each other a little and went to Chipotle for lunch. That day we also realized that it was a little hot in our house and found out that our A/C was out! Since we have a warranty on the house from when we bought it, we had to go through them. We called and it was going to be a couple days before anyone came out to look at it. We debated driving to Forney, but since it wasn't TOO hot outside, we went and got some extra fans. At night, we camped out in the living room for a couple nights. 
I ended up buying Blue Bell since it was back on the shelf at HEB. Of course, THE NIGHT that I finally ate some, a couple of hours later, they announced another recall and starting removing it from the shelves again! I wouldn't have been worried at all but since I'm pregnant, it scared me a little!
On April 22nd, Colt invited the group he was working with in MICU over for margaritas, pizza and Cards Against Humanity. Earlier that month, we had met some of them up at Wing Pizza 'n' Things. I think they had all gotten together but I had passed while Colt went solo. 
April 23rd, we celebrated Wade's birthday with friends at Olive Garden. 
April 25th, we went to Alicia and Robb's to celebrate Alicia's 30th birthday. The theme for the party was 1920's. Since I was pregnant, I wasn't going to buy a special outfit so I improvised with a black dress and headband. Colt had actually thought about wearing his pinstripe suit, which would've been fitting. However, it was so hot that day that he wasn't willing to do it, and he also wasn't willing to wear a long sleeve dress shirt. We went and got some suspenders. He decided to go with red just to be out there since he wasn't "really" 1920's anyways. He got the male stripper comment ALL night long!
The birthday girl 
A couple pics that I stole from Colt's phone from one of their training sessions
I had been really wanting shrimp so on April 29th, we went and ate out at the lake at Deadfish Grill with Matt and Whitney. It sounded good, but after eating, I was disappointed with my shrimp! I had forgot Deadfish is all about the atmosphere! We had a good time though!
April 30th, James hosted the monthly intern dinner at his house. I ended up leaving there and riding with Tina out to Schoepf's for one of their Thursday night concerts. Colt stayed at James'.  Evidently they started making up their own questions, and they are going to use this in one of the second year's roast down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment