Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

6 month check up


I figured I would go ahead and write about this while it was on my mind before I start trying to go back and post in order. Just a couple days after my last post, on Monday, we had Kinley's 6 month well visit with Dr. Drigalla. She weighed 16 lbs. 4 oz. She was 25 1/2 inches long. Her head circumference was 42.5 cm.

Dr. Drigalla was debating on whether or not to give her the rotavirus vaccine since that's when all our issues started two months ago. After asking the GI specialist's opinion and talking to us, we decided not to just to take it out of the equation. She had already received 2/3 of this vaccine so the doctor thought she should be covered and if she did happen to get it, that it wouldn't be bad since she's received the other two immunizations already. She did want to go ahead and give her the first round of the flu vaccine which has egg though so we let her. Colt went to this appointment. It's the only one he's gotten to go to so he got to be the one to hold her doing shots and see how pitiful she is. 

The last four nights, basically since her shots, she hasn't slept AT ALL. I thought our sleep schedule of every two or three hours was bad enough, but right now she is waking up every hour and  sometimes even every 30 minutes or so during the night. I'm one TIRED mama. Basically the last two months, I haven't gotten more than 3 hours of consecutive sleep. She hadn't had a bowel movement for a few days, but she finally did on Thursday, and she had blood in her stool again. The puzzle about the blood this time is that of course we aren't sure if the blood is from possibly the egg in her vaccine or the milk/egg reintroduction into my diet.  We eliminated milk and egg from my diet again for the time being just in case. Since the first diaper, she has had blood in one more but the latest one, yesterday, I didn't see any. If it stays clear, then I'll start reintroducing milk a little again, and we'll assume it was possibly the vaccine. 

We've had a busy week. Her appointment was Monday. We hosted an interview dinner on Tuesday at our house with about 30 people and a ton of kids. Wednesday, Linda and Tooter came to visit and have a little early Christmas.

 We ran a few errands yesterday for about 3 hours and she was great the whole time. She fell asleep in the car on the way to take Colt lunch. Then when we got home from errands, I laid her in her room while I put up groceries. When I went in to check on her, she was sound asleep in her floor (falling asleep on her own doesn't happen often)...although it only lasted about 20 minutes until she dirtied her diaper!

 The sleep thing will hopefully resolve. I'm hoping this new waking up every hour is all linked to the blood reappearing, vaccines or possibly a little growth spurt.  I'm still going to keep working on it but we're also about to be traveling for the holidays, so if it doesn't get better, we'll get even more serious after Christmas. I don't know if I mentioned in my previous post, but she used to like her pacifier. The past week or two she wants nothing to do with it. She just spits it out. 

Other than that, Christmas cards are now done and presents are all bought. I just have a few more presents to wrap and need Colt's help with finishing up a craft that we made more of for gifts. Colt's working a rough schedule the last few days so he's tired when he is home. He has a rough next few shifts before the holidays. Then we will be heading to see family later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment