Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Halloween & Colt's 30th Birthday

Since Colt's birthday falls on Halloween, he had to share his day again. He finally joined me in my 30's this year. His mom, stepdad, sister, Davallen and Dylan'Rae all came to town that night to celebrate his birthday and Halloween with us. Our neighborhood was planning on having a hayride and taking all the kids to trick or treat on two big trailers in our neighborhood and the neighborhood next to us. However, it ended up POURING down rain. I think the big kids might've still went, but we weren't dragging Kinley in the cold rain. When Colt's family got here, we decided to go to the Halloween festival at Green Acres Baptist. That was a waste of time. We found a parking spot, unloaded, and walked all the way up in the rain to the parking garage where it was at. It was WAY too crowded. Colt is not a fan of crowds. He spent 5 seconds there and was ready to pack it up and leave! On the way home, we went to the neighborhood next to ours to at least let Davallen and Kinley trick or treat a little. Most of the houses didn't even have lights on. It wasn't just raining, it was pouring. Colt got out with them at a couple of houses. He was having to carry Kinley and they were all getting soaked so we decided to head home for the rest of the night. The rain put a damper on our night, but we still had fun with family in town. I had made taco soup for dinner for everyone. Then, with the help of Kinley, Colt got to blow out candles on his cake. I made him a german chocolate cake. By the time we celebrated, a certain birthday boy might've already ate a big piece out of it. 

I think Kinley was the cutest Minnie Mouse that I've ever seen even though she didn't get to do a lot  trick or treating! I got some pictures of her on the front porch before the downpour started. This costume was a good investment because she still plays dress up in it. 
Here's a video of her saying Happy Halloween, Trick or Treat and Happy Birthday to Daddy in her cute little voice!
Colt and I both had ears to wear along with Kinley. Colt's a good dad. He actually wanted to wear them because he thought Kinley would get a kick out of it. 
A picture of what little trick or treating that we got to do!
Here's a video and some pictures of us back at home celebrating Colt's birthday!
We had fun, but I really hope the weather cooperates a little more for us this coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment