As of right now I am still planning on trying to continue my blog. However, a friend introduced me to the Project Life app where you can basically scrapbook right from your phone. I played around with the app today and made a page in about 5 minutes while I was getting my hair done (see below). The ease, plus the print quality is what is driving me to try it out. When you print the Project Life pages, the picture quality is super clear. When I print my blog books, I lose a lot of the picture quality and the pictures are small. Project Life is more like traditional scrapbooking. My issue is that I'm so Type A that I have trouble starting in the middle and not wanting to go back and do everything in the same format! I was told it's best just to start Project Life today. Then if you have time, go back and do what you can. With my personality, I would at least want to go back 3 years to when I had Kinley... plus I would really want to go back more than that! I realiz it might be a long time before I have time to do that... especially at how great I've been at keeping up with my blog. I don't want to lose all of November 2017 to date so my plan is to continue my blog catch up while trying out the Project Life app at the same time until eventually they meet (maybe). If Project Life is as fast as I think it might be, it might be doable right?!
My other struggle and why I'm still up tonight instead of sleeping while both my babies are sleeping is picture and video storage! Tell me, I'm not the only one that struggles with this. Our pictures and videos are so unorganized and all over the place that it drives me crazy. While Colt is Type A in some areas, this isn't one of them either. He uses OneDrive to backup his photos and videos and has since this summer. We recently added my phone to his account so mine are backed up there too. However, I also backup to my original place, Google Photos. This is where all our digital photos are stored from since I started my blog back in 2009. At the time, I wasn't willing to pay extra storage for video space in Google Photos, so my videos are stored to a private YouTube account. Then we also have 4 external hard drives with older digital pictures and videos, backups here and there that we've done, but none of the hard drives are organized. The pictures and videos are just dumped on there. In an ideal world, I would want them all labeled and organized by year, month, etc. I know that by the time I have time to do that, I'll probably be 50... or at least both kids will be in school! I mentioned to Colt today that I thought we should move our external hard drives to his OneDrive if that's going to be our primary storage spot so that if our external hard drives failed, we would at least have backup. His response was that we should also move all our stuff stored on clouds to external hard drives so that if 5 years from now hackers get the clouds, then we have backup! Another thing to add to my to-do list! There has to be a better way to do this right?!?

No comments:
Post a Comment