Our hospital stay with Cutler was a lot smoother and quicker than it was with Kinley. Cutler didn't have to get pricked near as much, and we got to go home fast since he was full term with no issues. The nurses did my paperwork early the day after he was born so as soon as they did his 24 hour testing, we were free to go. Dede and David had made us dinner that night, but they left to head back to their house when we got home. We were on our own as a family of 4 as soon as we got home from the hospital. That first night, big sister did not want to go to bed in her own room. I can't remember if it was that night or a couple nights later... but she was in her room on the monitor saying Daddy, Mommy, Baby Brother in Mommy and Daddy's room. Kinley in her room. She wasn't a fan. Dad had to sleep in her room most of that first night we were home.
Cutler was born at 4:46 pm, and he was in a carseat by 5 the next day to head home. I don't remember him crying on the car ride home, but evidently he wasn't really a fan from the looks of these pictures.
Kinley put her Minnie Mouse with him when we got home.
Sweet sleepy boy on his first night home
Colt surprised me with a push present when we got home too. It was an "It's a Boy" charm for my Pandora bracelet and a "C" charm. The "It's a Boy" charm was just like the push present he got me when we had Kinley.
I also got to put all the details about his birth on the sign in his room.
I apologize in advance to Cutler. With Kinley, I did weekly posts because I just had so many pictures of her. I also had so many videos of her literally just laying there breathing. I looked back and I only have two videos with him in them in February. It's definitely not because of lack of love. With two kids, you just don't have as much free time to sit and hold them and stare at them... although I would love to and I do every chance that I get!


No comments:
Post a Comment