Dede, David and my dad had been at the house with Kinley during Cutler's birth. Once I got settled in a room, they all came up and joined us at the hospital to meet him for the first time. On the way up to the room, Dede took Kinley to the gift store, and Kinley picked me out a present all by herself. She picked me out a St. Christopher necklace. She kept saying, "You like it? Present for you at doctor's office." It's funny that she picked a St. Christopher because my dad used to wear one all the time. It's now on a necklace with other charms. Every time I wear it she talks about how she got it for me.
They didn't get up to the hospital until around 8 that night. Visiting hours were almost over and Kinley was already pretty tired so they didn't get to stay long. I wish I could've known what Kinley was thinking when she met him. She said he was cute and wanted to tickle him. I don't think she liked the idea of me having to stay the night at the hospital though. My parents headed home after they left the hospital. Dede and David went to our house and put Kinley to bed. Evidently Kinley kept saying "Mommy, Daddy at doctor with baby brother." Sweet girl! I know Dede was a little disappointed that she wasn't there for the whole time for Cutler's birth, but we thought that would've been too long for Kinley to sit at the hospital and needed someone to stay at the house with her.
These were the first pics we got of Kinley meeting Cutler for the first time. This was the first time for Grandma to meet him too.
They didn't get up to the hospital until around 8 that night. Visiting hours were almost over and Kinley was already pretty tired so they didn't get to stay long. I wish I could've known what Kinley was thinking when she met him. She said he was cute and wanted to tickle him. I don't think she liked the idea of me having to stay the night at the hospital though. My parents headed home after they left the hospital. Dede and David went to our house and put Kinley to bed. Evidently Kinley kept saying "Mommy, Daddy at doctor with baby brother." Sweet girl! I know Dede was a little disappointed that she wasn't there for the whole time for Cutler's birth, but we thought that would've been too long for Kinley to sit at the hospital and needed someone to stay at the house with her.
These were the first pics we got of Kinley meeting Cutler for the first time. This was the first time for Grandma to meet him too.
Papa holding Cutler for the first time... my Dad doesn't hold babies until they get a little bigger. I think he's scared of them! He didn't hold Kinley at first either.
I don't remember why we were so upset or maybe just sleepy.
Our attempt at our first picture as a family of 4. Not too bad considering it was about 9:15 that night!
This was my present that Kinley brought me.
Colt's mom later got me the necklace below with both Kinley and Cutler's names on it. I added the St. Christopher from Kinley to it. I love it.







No comments:
Post a Comment