Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Christmas with Family

Colt was originally scheduled to work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after so we weren't really sure what our Christmas plans were going to consist of. We just knew it wouldn't be our normal Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with his. Luckily, he ended up getting off on Christmas Day even though he had to be back to work the day after. 

I will admit it was very strange not being with my family on Christmas Eve. Of course my mom brought up that this was the first Christmas in 29 years (ever) that I haven't been there AND they weren't able to take a family Christmas picture this year since I wasn't there. I told her to crop me in! It was inevitable that our traditional Christmas plans would end up changing eventually. 

Since Colt managed to have off Christmas Day, Christmas Eve night we made the drive to Forney to stay with his family for the night. When we arrived, we had our baby's first rocking horse waiting on us!
We went and visited our old neighbors, Wiley and Tiffany, for a few minutes, and we also drove around the neighborhood to see this house that went a little crazy with the Christmas lights. 
Christmas morning we woke up, had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and waited on the rest of the family to arrive. I tried to get a group shot of everyone. Dede took a posed family shot that I'll have to add later if I get a copy of it. 
Davallen opening presents
Along with a "blardigan," we got Dede a Stella and Dot necklace that she had kept commenting on and some Kendra Scott earrings. I think she liked them!
David and his new teeth that Blake and Victoria made for him at the candy store. Right after this he was scheduled to get real new teeth.
Even though I thought I was getting over my cold or whatever I had, unfortunately, Christmas Day is when I took a turn back for the worse! Colt also started to act like he was coming down with it but of course, what lingers with me forever only makes him feel bad a day or two! We had lunch with the family, and then we spent the rest of the day relaxing and watching movies until it was time to head home. I worked on Friday morning, and Colt ended up coming home for lunch and not having to go back! We basically drove all the way back to Temple for a 1/2 day of work and then turned around and headed back to where we came from plus an additional 2 hours to make the 4 hour trip to see my family!  
At least our dogs are great travelers!
 
When we got to my family's house, my mom had presents waiting for us. Most of the presents were gender neutral presents for the baby!
Heath and Jennifer were going on an anniversary date to stay the night in Dallas Saturday night so they brought him over on Saturday morning. It was his first time ever to spend the night away from them, and he did great. I think it was definitely harder on them than him!  He definitely became a fan of Colt! They squeezed orange juice together and had a good time.
Of course my mom made one of my favorites for dinner one night, and Joe and Lily also came down and saw us for a little while on Saturday.  We stayed with my parents both Friday and Saturday night. I tried sleeping with a vaporizer in the bedroom, but I couldn't sleep so I ended up in the living room one night. My intention was to move so Colt could get some sleep but he came with me and slept on the couch while I slept propped up in the recliner.  My dad had been sick as well and seemed to take a turn for the worse while we were there so we were a puny bunch! 

Sunday, on the way home from my parents, we met Gerald and Allison, the newly engaged couple and expecting parents, at Mesquite at On the Border (I MISS THIS PLACE). 

In the midst of our Christmas celebrations, we also let our dogs open their stockings on Friday before heading to my parents. 
And right after Christmas, my Christmas present from Colt came in the mail. We don't really do presents for each other, but he got me a new charm for my bracelet!
Even though Christmas was a little different this year and consisted of even more driving than normal, I'm glad we still got to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment