Colt sent me this either the day or day after we found out we were pregnant, and I thought it was cute!
It was hard not to immediately tell our families when we found out, especially since they knew we were trying! We weren't waiting to tell them, but I still wanted to tell them in a special way. I ordered a sign off Etsy to use to tell them. It was supposed to be in on Monday, November 3rd. In the meantime, I hadn't told anyone. I guess Colt was excited though because when we went to Josh and Brianna's on Halloween, Josh told me congrats when no one else was around. I was like, "congrats on what?" We hadn't even told family yet. Colt said it was a lot bigger deal to tell family than it was to tell Josh, and he had evidently also already told Gerald too!
Dede and David randomly came down on Sunday, November 2nd, the day before our sign came in the mail. Rather than waiting and sending them a picture the next day, we just told them in person while they were there. I showed her a picture of the sign I had ordered on my phone. She didn't get it at first, but when she did I think she squealed a little! Of course, she immediately started saying we were having multiples. The next day she started sending me pictures of strollers for three plus kids!
Of all days for our mail to run late, we didn't get our mail on Monday until after dark. I took the dogs outside and tried to snap a couple pictures, but they didn't turn out. The next day Colt was working 7am-7pm so after I came home from the gym on Tuesday morning, I went ahead and had a little photoshoot in the backyard with the dogs before it started raining. I didn't immediately send it to my mom. I waited until Colt got home that night and then text her. She immediatey called me, and was excited. My dad also got on the phone and told me that just the other day his neighbor had asked him what else was on his bucket list (after the Corvette). He answered that it was for me to have a baby. I of course teared up on that one. Then he went on to say he couldn't wait to see me big and started giggling! They ended up coming down to visit a few days later on that Friday.
Here's some pictures I snapped of my belly right after we found out that we were pregnant. It definitely doesn't look quite like that now!
I went ahead and told my trainer at CrossFit that I was pregnant at about 5 1/2 weeks or so because of the type of workouts and movements that we do. Really at that point, all I quit doing was maxing out on weights. The main thing I noticed my first trimester, and even now in my second trimester, is shortness of breath. It doesn't take much to get me out of breath so the big thing with working out is that I just try to control my breathing and if I start to breathe hard, I slow down.
Luckily, I haven't really felt too bad or been too sick my whole pregnancy. Since the beginning to now (18 weeks), I think I have only really thrown up due to pregnancy one time. When I was sick around Christmas and coughing so much I ended up gagging, I threw up a couple times. Then a couple times when I was brushing my teeth, I gagged and threw up, but other than that nothing really. That's not to say I never felt nauseous at all though! Around week 5 or 6, I started feeling a little nauseous when I first woke up or if my stomach ever got the least bit empty. I felt like I started eating all the time to prevent it. The one time that I did throw up and have to make a run for the bathroom was when Colt's family was here the weekend of Thanksgiving. I didn't get up and immediately eat something like I was used to, and I think that's what did it! I got to where I would wake up and eat almonds and peanut butter chips to get me threw my morning workout, and I also had to buy Sprite and a few other things to help settle my stomach. Also, initially certain foods did not sound good at all! Cereal, which I usually love, sounded awful. Eggs, which I had started eating all the time, sounded even worse. Smoothies and Icees (1/2 coke and 1/2 cherry...Colt's way) from 7-11 were my favorite for a few weeks. Those first few weeks, I also wanted fast food. I randomly really wanted a Chili's burger one night, and I also wanted to eat Sonic, Whataburger and Chick-fil-a a lot mainly for the french fries! Sometime during that time, the thought of steaks or large chunks of meat started grossing me out. It still does! One thing I thought would be hard to give up is coffee but it didn't even really sound good for a while. I've had a few cups of decaf here and there, but I definitely haven't been craving it and it's not that hard to do without it.
Since overall, I've felt pretty good, the only real "symptom" that I can think of is that I have had the worst acne that I think I have ever had! Not on my face so much but on my back and a little on my chest. My back specifically, I have acne everywhere and it will not go away! It's definitely annoying, but I guess if that's all I have to complain about, I'm doing pretty good! Pregnancy is definitely a crazy thing.
Initially, and still every once in a while, I was telling Colt every week how big the baby was... a sweet pea, a blueberry, etc. I really think for Colt that it didn't get real until we heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks, and still he was a little hesitant. Being in the ER, he always sees the worst case scenarios come in the door at early stages so I think it took a little while for him to get excited.
On November 18th, when I was about 7 weeks, we did get to go back to the fertility specialist for our viability appointment to make sure everything looked ok before he released me to a normal OB. The doctor was in the operating room so we saw one of the residents that Colt had worked with, but we still got to hear the heartbeat and we got a picture! We also confirmed that it was indeed only one heartbeat and baby in there :) At that point, they measured. We measured to have a due date of about July 13th, but based on my Ovidrel shot, I still think the due date is about July 8th.
And here's another random selfie of me at about 7 weeks.




No comments:
Post a Comment