Gerald and Allison's due date was about a week after our due date. One of their baby showers was on Sunday, May 24th in Forney. Colt happened to be off that weekend so we made plans to go visit his family and to be there for their shower.
Our friends, Matt and Whitney, were moving to China Springs that Friday before. Colt helped load up some of their things in Temple Friday morning and had planned on heading to China Springs later that day to help unload. We ended up deciding there would be no point in him driving all the way there, coming home and then us going back that direction. After I got off work that day, we went ahead and packed up and decided we would go to their house and then head on to Forney that night. We ended up stayingat Matt and Whitney's longer than we had planned so we were on the road and got to Forney LATE after everyone was in bed. We were both exhausted!
The next day I wanted to eat at On the Border and go to a couple of other places. David, Colt and I drove to Rockwall. We went to Home Goods, Target and then met Dede at On the Border. We had planned on going to North Park but we ended up at BuyBuy Baby instead because I wanted to exchange a carseat adapter. At this point, we already had our rocking chair for the nursery that we had ordered from Target. However, we walked by and sat in the rocking chairs while we were there. I made the comment that the one we already had was pretty comfortable but not super comfortable and it wasn't comfortable enough that I would have it in our living room or anything. Colt was like "you've got to be kidding me!" He said it was going back, and we were getting a new one. There were a couple at BuyBuy Baby that we liked. One of them we would've had to order and it wouldn't be in until after our due date. Another one that we liked they had one or two in stock in Frisco. We had them hold it for us, and we made a trip to Frisco. On our way home from Frisco to Forney, it started pouring down rain. The box with our chair in it got pretty soaked. Needless to say, we didn't ever make it to North Park, and our day out lasted a lot longer than we had planned!
Sunday afternoon, Colt and I went to Gerald and Allison's shower.
Here are a couple of pics from celebrating Ms. Hensley Grace.
Us and our girls... I was about 33 weeks and I think Allison was about 32 weeks.

The four of us ... or six of us I guess you could say!
Us and our girls... I was about 33 weeks and I think Allison was about 32 weeks.
The four of us ... or six of us I guess you could say!
Sunday night David cooked us steak for dinner. We had planned on going home fairly early on Monday but it was storming pretty bad. Colt had to go buy a tarp to cover our chair for the trip home. We spent a lot of the day just hanging out and waiting out the storm. We had one of our favorites, Cowboy Chicken, before heading back. Our ride home was a little dark and eerie looking but we made it home safe with chair in tact, and we had a good Memorial Day weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment