I wrote about our exciting July 4th in my last post. Colt was off that weekend. Kinley had been a little fussy on the 3rd when Josh was here for dinner, but over the weekend she was real fussy and all she wanted to do was eat every hour on the hour. I think she started comfort feeding a little too. My guess is she was going through a little growth spurt because I know mid-week we had a pretty rough night and were up all night too.
July 5th, my great-nephew, Cohen was born.
Bailey, Cohen and Jacob
Bailey, Cohen and Jacob
And some pictures of what we were up to that day
Daddy getting her ready for a walk
Snoozing on Dad
Monday, July 6th, we had a doctor's checkup that afternoon for Kinley. She weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. (7th percentile). She was up a pound from her previous appointment 11 days before. She was 20 inches long (18th percentile) and her head was 34.5 cm. around (10th percentile). She had a tiny diaper rash that had started up before the appointment. We had been using Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive and had started using wash rags instead of wipes. It cleared up in no time. I got out later that day while Colt was on daddy duty for a little while. It was the first time I'd left the house in a while so I went all out and went to HEB, Target and Michael's!
Tuesday, July 7th, Tooter and Linda came down to meet Kinley for the first time. They brought us a baby gift, as well as a couple gifts from other's that were planning on attending our shower in Forney. We really weren't taking Kinley out too much at the time so we just ordered Jason's Deli for dinner while they were here and went and picked it up. That day was also the day that Kinley's eye started accumulating "gunk" and looking infected. That morning when I went to get her out of her bassinet, she couldn't open her eye at all. I called Colt and he told me to put a warm wash rag on it. He came home and looked at it at lunch. by the afternoon it was refilling every 5 minutes and starting to swell a little as well as starting to spread to the other eye. He text our pediatrician and said that he thought she had a little case of conjunctivitis so she called in a prescription for us to put in her eye to help clear it up.
Kinley's poor eye that afternoon
Kinley's poor eye that afternoon
Kinley with her great grandma, Grandma Linda
With her eyes all doctored up
Cuddling with Mom that night
We kept doctoring her for a few days.
I think Lucky started using the boppy more than we did. It was the perfect size for him to fit in to take a nap.
Dede, Nicci and Davallen came to visit on Thursday, the 9th. This was the first time for Nicci and Davallen to meet Kinley. We ordered takeout from BJs while everyone held Kinley.
I got ready that day and was no longer in maternity shorts. I wasn't back in my normal size just yet but it was a start.
I got ready that day and was no longer in maternity shorts. I wasn't back in my normal size just yet but it was a start.
The two of us snuggling in her nursery before our company arrived.
Hanging out in her rock 'n' play...She only got to wear this little outfit one or two times before she outgrew it.
Her paci was as big as her head.
Still can't get over how much she's grown since then.
Cousins meeting for the first time
On the 10th, I'm pretty sure Kinley smiled at me. It may not have been a "real smile" but it sure seemed like it. This was another little cute face of awe that she made when she was a newborn.
Her preppy look and onesie that the Forney hostesses got her that she only got to wear once. There were several that she never got to wear!
Other happenings from the week:
Alex stole Kinley's sleep sheep off the ottoman and took it off as her own toy. I found it in another room all slobbery. We're definitely going to have trouble with Alex mistaking Kinley's toys as her own, and I'm going to have to do a better job of keeping them out of her reach. I found where Alex had started the destruction of another Care Bear that they had given Colt at work. It was one that talked and danced. It currently has parts sticking out of it's arm.
Kinley started trying to hold stuff around this time, like her bottle and her paci. She also started spitting her paci out.
Pretty sure her sticking her arms up and stretching real big was one of my favorites still at this point!



























No comments:
Post a Comment