I previously posted about projects that we (I should say Colt) worked on to get Kinley's room ready. Here are a few pictures of her room once we were done with everything.
We now have way more bows than that! The headband hooks are now definitely overflowing!
On this shelf, right now we just have a few keepsakes and knick-knacks. The orange flowers were from the cake topper at her baby shower. We got flowers delivered in the little baby vase and I have her newborn hat that she wore at the hospital and the hat she wore home from the hospital down in it. We have her personalized bloomers that Dede bought her up there. We have my first baby shoes that my mom let me have as well as my little gold baby ring. Linda and Tooter got us a lot of keepsake items as a gift when they came to visit. The box that will hold her first curl and first tooth are up there and a personalized cup. They also got us her first silverware set but it's put away. I'm scared to let her eat out of it. We eat out of plastic instead! We also have her trophy her dad won her playing cornhole at her shower and her first stuffed animal that Linda and Tooter bought her the Christmas before she was born. I have a feeling I am going to be like my mom and be the mom that keeps everything!
These are a few keepsakes that we made with Kinley right after she was born. I love them! I wouldn't have been able to do either project without Colt that's for sure!
This was a lot harder than we planned! It's Colt's hand, my hand and Kinley's newborn hand. Her hand was originally going to be hot pink as you can see from all the smears. Then we tried to go over it with orange to see if we could get a good handprint. We got smears with orange too. She liked to crunch her fingers a little too much! It's definitely not perfect like the ones you see on Pinterest, but we think it's cute and it still earned a place on her wall. Plus, we'll always have the story of why it looks the way that it does!
There was a little more room for error on these. These are both her footprint and her handprint from when she was a newborn. Her hands and feet are already much bigger than that now.
This K was used as a decoration at her baby shower, and the cross, as I mentioned in our nursery projects post, was actually a gift that Colt and I received when we got married.
I'm happy with the way her room turned out. Maybe one day she'll sleep in it :)















No comments:
Post a Comment