Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

1 Year Update

Before I keep trying to update old stuff, I figured I would do a little 1 year update while it's still fresh! 

Kinley turned 1 whole year old this past Sunday. We had her party the day before her birthday, and we had her 1 year checkup the day after her birthday, on Monday. 

Her stats were: 21 lbs. 14.6 oz. (80th %), 2 ft. 5.92 in. or about 30 in. (78th%), 46 cm. head (79th%). She had been sick and not eating well the week before so the doctor thinks her stats would've probably been even a little higher than that given her prior growth curve if she hadn't been sick the week before. At her appointment, she had to get two tubes of blood drawn from her fingers to test her hemoglobin and lead. The first nurse didn't get anything out of the first poke and the second poke, she got a clot after she had squeezed her finger and gotten a whole tube out. Another nurse had to come in a draw two more tubes and did it super fast and easy. Kinley definitely wasn't a happy camper. I don't blame her! Then she still had to get all her vaccines so that was three more sticks in her thigh.

She currently has 6 teeth, three on top and three on bottom. She almost has 7. Another one on top is about to break the skin but hasn't quite yet. 

She is wearing Size 4 diapers.
Her clothes are pretty much all 18 month. She even has a couple of tops that are 18-24 month. Her sandals are size 2 but her tennis shoes are size 4. We bought them a little big, but they fit her pretty good, and she definitely doesn't have too much extra room. I totally do no understand shoe sizes for babies!

Her hair is still blonde and her eyes are still pretty blue. She has little curls. Sometimes her hair is pretty crazy. Daddy is worried that she got his hair! She will not hardly let me put bows on her anymore and she definitely won't keep them on. 

She isn't walking quite yet. She will take a step, but just one step and then she lowers herself and decides to crawl instead. She can walk just barely holding my hand though and can definitely walk behind stuff. I think she could walk if she wanted to, but I think she just wants to get where she's going as quick as possible and thinks that dropping and crawling is the best option. She is also climbing on everything now. I looked up from the kitchen just yesterday and she was sitting on the big couch. I think she used her new little chair that Josh and Brianna got her for her birthday to climb up there. She lifts her leg and tries to crawl out of the bathtub, into the washer or dryer, out of her crib... you name it and she tries it!

I started back to the gym finally a month ago. I was worried about leaving her in the playroom with a babysitter and the other kids at first, but she loves it. They always say that she's the best baby they've had in there. All the other kids are crying and trying to get out of the baby gate when their mom leaves them. I put Kinley on the ground and she turns and heads for toys. The babysitter say she's tough and tries to keep up with the boys. If the door ever cracks and she sees me, she wants me, but I she's good otherwise. She also naps good afterwards so win, win!

I think I mentioned it in a previous post, but at night, she's finally sleeping like a champ! Once I put her down, she will usually sleep through the night and sleep 10-12 hours. Most mornings she gets up around 8 or so. She usually naps twice a day, once around 11 or 11:30 and then again around 3:30. The last nap usually varies quite a bit and sometimes is earlier or later depending on how long the first nap lasted. A couple days this week, she only took one nap, but it was a longer one, and she got pretty fussy early so I don't think we're quite ready to go down to one nap just yet. I still nurse her or rock her to sleep. We are trying to wean from nursing slowly, and I've been trying to replace nursing with bottles slowly. We drink 2 or 3 bottles of regular milk most days and have been doing regulat milk for the last month or so. 

She is saying "dada," "mama," and "dog." She loves to point at Lucky and Alex and say her version of "dog." Her "g" sound is hit or miss still. 

She eats everything and has been for a while now. She loves her food. In the mornings, I usually cut up strawberries or bananas or give her apple sauce along with eggs or oatmeal. Lunch and dinner she usually eats what I eat. If we aren't eating something healthy, like pizza or something, I'll give her some baby food. Typically we eat turkey, turkey sausage, hamburger meat or chicken along with sweet potatoes,  green beans, sweet peas, carrots, corn or some other vegetable. She also loves her baby mum mums, puffs and cereal bars too. She would rather feed herself than have me feed her. For her water and juice she does sippy cups and we've graduated to a cup that she drinks around the rim, like a normal cup. It only took her about a day to master and she's been drinking out of it for a few weeks now. We still do milk out of her bottle though. She can also drink out of a straw. Pretty much any way to get food or drink, she has it figured out!

Other random things that she's up to or likes:

  • She loves her dogs. She likes throwing and giving Alex her tennis ball. I started letting her give them treats just yesterday. She got the concept of giving it to them rather than eating it herself today.
  • She likes using her feet to turn in circles.  
  • She likes clapping her hands now, and if she hears "yay," she has started to clap now.
  • She likes to throw her ball to me.
  • She loves to swim and take baths. Really she loves anything to do with water. We're going to swim lessons next week so we will see how she likes it. 
  • She think it's funny to feed mommy. 
  • She has some toys that she shakes and she likes to shake it and for me to say "shake it, shake it, shake it, Kinley, shake it."  She's loved this for months now. 
  • She loves "helping" with laundry and with loading and unloading the dishwasher. 
  • She loves the kitchen drawers that she can still get into and the bathroom cabinets.
  • She loves taking things out and putting things back in containers. 
  • She loves playing with daddy in bed. He has taught her the trust fall. When he says "wee," she just free falls back on the bed. This could be a bad thing. 
  • She likes her legos to be separated and her puzzle pieces to be scattered. If I build or put the puzzle together, it's immediately destroyed.
  • She's started riding her little four wheeler (with the help of me) that Giggy and Papa got her to the mailbox, and she cries when I make her get off.
  • She's liked the few rides we've taken so far in her wagon that Grandma and Papa got her. I see us getting lots of use out of it. 
  • She likes her new chair. The first day after Josh and Brianna got it for her, she spent the whole day climbing in and out of it and putting toys in it. 
  • She likes throwing things out of the bath tub and me putting them back in or just handing us things and taking them back from us. It sounds like she says "here" when she hands it back. 
  • She still loves our phones and remotes. 
  • She still loves when we tickle her tummy and giggles like crazy. 
  • She also loves when I jump around and act silly or kick my legs and giggles like crazy at that too. 
  • She likes to pull all her books off her bookshelves.
  • She still has the biggest and best smile and personality!
She is a mess! I'm so glad that I get to be her mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment