Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Letter to Kinley on her 1st Birthday

Kinley, 
This time last year, we were getting ready to meet you for the first time, and now you are turning one!  Lots of family and friends came yesterday to help us celebrate your birthday. You are definitely a loved baby girl. You turning one is bittersweet. It seems like just yesterday, we were headed to the hospital a little earlier than expected. I was so nervous, but yet so excited, about becoming a mom. I'm sure your dad was even more nervous about becoming a dad. I had hoped for and wanted you for a long time. Little did I know, that you would be way more than I ever hoped for. You are the best thing to happen to me and your daddy, and we love you more than anything. This past year has flew by. I've wished many times that time would just slow down because it seems like you are growing too fast. Part of me wants to keep you a baby forever, but it's been a blast watching you grow this past year. Just this past week, you took one small step without me holding onto you, and it made me think of when you first started rolling over, first started crawling, and so many of your first that I've luckily gotten to watch this past year. You have the sweetest and happiest little personality. I know I'm partial, but I think you have the best personality of any baby I've ever been around! I get told all the time what a happy baby you are. You did give us a run for our money those first few months, but you were still always a happy baby (when you were awake at least). You just weren't a sleeper at first unless you were being held or in bed next to me. Around 11 months you finally started sleeping better, and you've been consistently sleeping through the night now. That's a big game changer! You are definitely a full-time job and keep me on my toes.  Even through the rough times, this has been the best job ever, and I would go back and redo this past year in a heartbeat! I remember in the hospital right after you were born getting this overwhelming feeling of how much love I had for you. I still get that today. I already miss a lot of the newborn things that you did and especially how it felt when you laid on my chest, but on the other hand, I love seeing your personality develop and all the things that you are learning. You are pretty proud of yourself when you learn new things too! I get a kick out of you every single day. You make me laugh with all the silly things that you do.  Your grin is the biggest that I've ever seen. Your smile is definitely contagious, and you bring both your dad and I so much happiness and so many smiles! I know you won't remember all of our days together, but I definitely will, and I'm pretty positive that they will be some of the best days of my life!  Just know that you are so loved, and I am so thankful I get to spend every day with you! There are so many days that I just keep holding you a little longer after I rock you to sleep because I just love holding you and watching you. There's been several times at night or nap time that your dad has walked into your room and peeked to check if you were asleep yet. Most of the time you have been for a while, but I'm just not ready to put you down! I know I won't get to do it forever, so it's worth it to soak it in every once in a while. While being your mom is the best job ever, it's also the hardest job I've ever done! There have been plenty of times that I've been ready for bedtime or put you in your crib and ran hoping that you didn't wake up or that you stay asleep long enough to give me a little bit of time to get some stuff done. That's not the case most of the time though! Now that you are in your own bed, going to get you in the morning is one of my favorite parts of the day. You always reach for me and are ready for me to pick you up. Then you give me a tight little hug to start the day. It's usually one of the only times that you slow down enough that it feels like you are hugging me back. It's the best! You have definitely changed our lives for the better, and I can't imagine our lives without you in it.  I wish I could put into words how much I love you sweet girl. This will have to do, but it is definitely a love like no other.
 Happy 1st Birthday!
Love, 
Your Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment