Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

Week 37: February 20th-26th

February 20th
Our shower is open in our bathroom. She quickly learned how to crawl over, open the curtain and get in to get soaking wet. She loved it. Sometimes rather than putting her in the pack-n-play, I would contain her in the tub so I could shower. 
Colt and I had been talking about getting me an SUV. We looked at about every  type of SUV online and went to about every dealership in Temple. We drove the Ford Explorer, our second option, but ultimately decided on getting me a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's what I had wanted initially just based on looks. After driving it, we were sold. We hadn't actually planned on buying it this day, but it just happened. We ended up with the loaded version that they had on the showroom floor. They had to move all the cars out of the showroom to get it out for me. I made the comment to Colt that it was my first ever brand new car... He quickly came back with the fact that he's never had to clear a showroom floor for his vehicle. It's much roomier for a carseat and all of Kinley's gear than my Infiniti was. On trips with all our gear and the dogs, it is still a little snug, but I wasn't ready to drive a third row car around town on a daily basis. I love it, and it's perfect for us for right now! Kinley was a CHAMP at the dealership that day. We were there for hours... from that morning until pretty late in the day and she was SO GOOD! I don't think she got fussy one time. We were pretty proud of her for toughing it out. 

These are just some pics of my car at the dealership right after we bought it. We noticed a dent in the passenger door and they guaranteed that they would make it right so I had to take it in later that week for them to work on it. They actually had to completely take the door off my new car to fix it.
February 21st
Kinley was still not impressed with green baby food. 
February 22nd
It was the little sleeping goals for us... evidently I was pretty happy that she stayed in her crib all night long... even though I did have to go in there and rock her back to sleep a couple times. 

February 24th
February 25th
Her sneaking into the shower like I mentioned above
You see that grin?! She was always proud of herself when she made it.
My mom and dad came down on the 26th and stayed the night. I'll post some pics of their stay in a separate post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment