Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

And It's a BABY BOY!

We found out that we were having a baby BOY so early this time that I didn't have a lot of time to think about all the old wives tales or debate too much on if we were having a boy or girl. We found out that we were having a boy on July 31st, right when we got back from vacation in Florida. I was 12 weeks when I found out. It was actually pretty uneventful when we found out. No big ultrasound and getting to see like last time. Here in Tyler, they offer a blood test. We didn't even have it mentioned to us in Temple with Kinley. The provider that my doctor's office uses is called NxGen. It's just a simple little blood draw from my arm that does genetic testing for most of the serious conditions, as well as tells the gender. It's also only $49... so we figured why not do it?! I did the blood draw before we went on vacation and a week or two later, I got a call from the nurse at my doctor's office. They called and told me that all the testing came back negative and also asked on the phone if I wanted to go ahead and know the sex. I said sure. When she said it was a boy, I told her that I had a feeling it might be a boy because my pregnancy had been completely the opposite of how it had been with Kinley. I assumed it was either a boy or a girl that was going to be the complete opposite of Kinley. Colt was home when I got the call, so I immediately went in the media room where he was and told him that we were having a boy. I think before he said anything, he said, "they just told you on the phone?" Colt says he would've been happy either way, with a boy or a girl. I think the first pregnancy, he probably secretly wanted a boy. He said after we had Kinley though and he saw how it was with her, he would have loved having either one the second time around. I agree. I am excited about adding a little boy to the mix, but would've been happy with a girl and a sister for Kinley too. We just want a happy, healthy baby. Although, we aren't willing to do anything permanent yet, this baby might end up completing our family. As far as names go for this baby boy, we haven't decided yet. We have a few front runners but nothing definite. We get to have an ultrasound next week and go see baby boy. I couldn't be more excited. I cannot wait to see him. I actually was telling Colt earlier today how I was ready and excited about it! We had a little scare with Kinley at our anatomy ultrasound when they saw a choroid plexus cyst so I'm hoping everything looks and measures great. I'm also hoping that we get a double confirmation that we are indeed having a boy. Even though the blood test that we did is 99% accurate and our doctor said that he has never seen it come back wrong, it would still be nice to get it confirmed.

When I did all of the old wives tales with Kinley, everything seemed to lean a little more towards boy. For fun, if we hadn't have found out early this time, here is what a few of them would've predicted for baby boy. 

Chinese Gender Chart: GIRL
Mayan Gender Test: BOY
String Test: BOY
My mom was right when she did this with Kinley! It was right again this time!
Cravings: BOY
I couldn't really eat anything because I was throwing up so much. However, I did lean towards salty instead of sweet. I still can't stomach peanut butter, honey, oatmeal and chocolate chips, which was my nightly go-to before getting pregnant.
Acne: BOY
My acne was awful with Kinley, specifically on my back. It left scars that took about a year to go away. This time it hasn't been bad until just recently. I just started having acne again on my shoulders and back. Maybe it's just something that happens to me during pregnancy, regardless of if I'm having a girl or boy!?!
Morning sickness: GIRL
This was a definite. More about this on my next post.
Baking soda test: I didn't do this time
Carrying low: BOY
I think... I wasn't sure last time either but I do think I'm carrying lower than with Kinley.
Heart Rate: BOY
It was around 140 at my 17 week appointment.
Side you sleep on: GIRL
I didn't write this one down with Kinley, but I sleep on my right side. I'm a stomach sleeper so I can already tell the rest of this pregnancy is going to be rough not being able to do that.

Here are our pictures of Kinley showing off the fact that she is having a BABY BROTHER! We sent these to our family and some close friends when we first found out. Then we shared on social media a few days later. 
This was Kinley on the way home from the store with me when we went to get the balloons. She wanted them with her in the car. 
I still don't see how people wait to find out what they are having. It makes it a little more real to me knowing. I can't wait to meet our BABY BOY, and I also can't wait to see Kinley as a BIG SISTER! Exciting and exhausting times ahead thats for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment