Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

We're Having a BABY...FINDING OUT

Before I start recapping and catching up on 2017, I thought I would officially share our BIG NEWS on here! We found out on June 14th, 2 days after Kinley's 2nd birthday, that we are having another baby! I was here in Tyler on the day we found out, but Colt was still working in Temple. I just had a thought in my head that I should've probably already started my period. I already had an old test here at the house so I went ahead and took it. I took the test at 3pm that day.  Colt had went into work at 2pm and didn't get off that night until 11pm. I had to keep the news between just me and Kinley ALL DAY! I might've been in a little state of shock. I also might've cried a bit! My initial thought was that I was already tired with just Kinley... remember she didn't sleep until 11 months. Could I really add a baby to the mix?! It didn't help that Kinley had a bad day that day and was pretty clingy and winey. She didn't eat that day, and it took me 2 hours to get her to take her nap! Maybe she knew what was going on and needed the extra attention?! I had literally just saw a lady at Target that morning with a toddler and a newborn. She was struggling to push her buggy and take care of both kids. I had Kinley with me, and I thought to myself "that poor lady." When I found out, it's not that I wasn't excited about having a baby. I definitely was. It's a blessing to be able to carry a baby! I know that, and I am very thankful to be adding another one to our family! It just took it a while to sink in this time around!

I knew we wanted another baby. We quit "preventing," and I quit taking birth control when Kinley turned 18 months old. Most people may not have been that shocked when they found out that they were pregnant 6 months later, but I definitely was! Since it took us a while and we had to have the help of a fertility speciailist to have Kinley, I assumed we would probably need help again. I just had the idea in my head that we would "try" for a year. Then we would have to see a specialist again to be able to get pregnant. That wasn't the case though and that is a good thing! Right before we moved, I had actually pulled all my medical records from Temple so I knew exactly what medications and dosage had worked for me to get pregnant so I had it all accessible when I met with a doctor her in Tyler down the road. I had never had regular periods on my own in the past, and I had been, so I guess that might should have been a sign for me that things were different.

As soon as Colt got off work and I was able to tell him, I did! I guess I could've told him in some sweet and cute way, but I couldn't wait until I saw him since we were in different towns. Of course, he didn't believe me at first. He said "are you serious?" Then he told me how excited he was and talked me off the little panic ledge that I was on! He kept saying how it would be ok. He also pointed out that it was best case scenario considering the time it takes to see a specialist, my age, etc.  I told him to not tell this baby that I didn't want it because that wasn't the case! I also went on to tell Colt how I was an awful mother this time around already! Since I wasn't planning on really getting pregnant and had been busy with the move, I had quit taking prenatal vitamins. They say that the most important time to take them is before you conceive. Also, I was drinking about 2 cups of coffee a day! Last time since we were trying so hard, I was on my "A" game. I hadn't even been really tracking my period or writing it down so I wasn't positive when my due date would be. I had wrote it down earlier in the year so my best guess when I looked back was a due date of around January 30th or February 1st. I saw a doctor here in Tyler for the first time on July 10th. By measurement, he said that my due date was February 11th! Kinley will be 2 years and 8 months old by then. Maybe she'll be a little more self sufficient. At the rate we are going, I'm doubting we'll be potty trained quite yet though! I'm also hoping that she gets ok with Mommy holding a baby and wants to "help." Right now, she doesn't really like when Mommy holds other babies. I ordered her a book when we found out about being a big sister so I'm hoping by the time the baby gets here, she'll start to get it a little more. As of right now, she just knows enough to point to where baby's room is going to be. 
These were our first pictures of the baby from our appointment on July 10th. I was 9 weeks and 1 day. We get more pictures on September 26th when we go for our anatomy ultrasound, and I can't wait to see how the baby is doing and also double confirm the sex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment