In addition to my last two post about adding to our family: finding out we were pregnant and finding out that we are having a baby boy, here's a brief recap of my pregnancy so far. I am 20 weeks today, September 24th. I've been taking weekly pregnancy photos this pregnancy, like I did with Kinley. However, this time, I have a helper in the majority of my pictures. The pictures aren't uniform like they were last time. It's whatever picture I can get! I skipped a few weeks in the beginning, but I've been consistent on taking them lately. I will post all those pictures in later posts.
We found out we were pregnant on June 14th.
The throwing up QUICKLY began right after that. I threw up for the first time on June 18th, and I threw up twice that day. I only threw up ONE time the WHOLE time I was pregnant with Kinley...not so much this time around! I definitely lost count this time. After that day, I continued to throw up every single night. I got excited on June 22nd because I hadn't thrown up by the time I was taking my nightly shower. I actually got so excited that I text Colt in Temple and told him that I had went a whole day. Well, as soon as I text him, I drank something, brushed my teeth and then proceeded to throw up seven times that night. I ended up trying to brush my teeth with just water if I'd made it that far through the night without throwing up, but it didn't work. I would still throw up. I would also throw up if I was ever riding in the car with Colt. The first time that happened we were on our way home from attending James and Jessica's wedding in Dallas on July 2nd. Colt didn't have time to pull over so I threw up in a cup that was in the car. That continued to happen so I learned to just take a cup with me. Besides throwing up every night and in the car, there were a few days that I threw up all day long. There was also one day that I was so sick (and having other stomach issues as well) that my mom and dad had to come down because I didn't think I would be able to take care of Kinley while Colt was at work. By the time they made it, Colt had given me a zofran before he left for work, and I was feeling much better though thank goodness. The few days that I was sick all day, I think it was only three times or so, Colt ended up giving me a zofran that we had at the house just so I could keep something down and stay out of the bathroom. My doctor said they don't really recommend zofran anymore. He prescribed something called Diclegis. The first time I took it, I felt drunk and immediately fell asleep on the couch. Colt had to do Kinley's nighttime routine and put her to bed. Then he had to put me to bed! I was hesitant to take it again. I tried a few times but it didn't seem to help a lot, and I didn't like the way it made me feel. I just sucked it up for the most part. When I was desperate one day, I text Mallory to see if anything had worked or helped at all for her because I knew she had been sick with her first little boy, Mason. Colt ended up going out that night to Target to buy me some Preggo Pops to suck on. He also bought me Sea Band bracelets to wear on my wrist while he was there too. I don't know if the bracelets helped, but I wore them just in case they did! I also tried ginger snap cookies and ginger ale to try to ease the sickness, which are nasty by the way! One thing I did do was make cinnamon toast at night and added ginger to it. It was one of the few foods that tasted good to me and that I could stomach. It didn't matter what I ate or how much I ate, I still got sick no matter what I tried. I ran out of foods to eat because I had thrown up EVERYTHING. Also, just the thought of a cup of coffee, made me want to gag. Pretty much anything with milk in it made me want to gag too. Let's just say that our family milk consumption went down drastically. We are now back to drinking a gallon every 2 days though. Yes, the three of us go through 3.5 gallons of milk a week. I finally quit being so sick at 16 weeks!! I am super thankful that it didn't continue! While I was sick, I felt my best in the morning. For a while there, I was HAVING to get a sausage, egg and cheese burrito and a cherry limeade from either Sonic or Dairy Queen EVERY SINGLE DAY... at least I thought I HAD to have it! It's the only thing that tasted good to me and it was pretty much the only time of day that I could keep food down. Sometimes I would even order two burritos so I could have one at lunch too. I ended up making them for myself for breakfast after a while. Now that I'm feeling better, that craving has left though! I have told Colt that if I had been sick like this with Kinley, we may not have had a second child. I was just playing, but it definitely was not a fun time. There were multiple times that I told him that I think this baby hates me.
Besides being sick, which has consumed pretty much my whole pregnancy...here are a few other things so far about this pregnancy:
At James and Jessica's wedding, we were sitting at a table full of Temple people. They had prime rib for dinner. I couldn't stomach it. About the only thing that tasted good was the rolls they had. I asked Colt to go get me some more. He came back to the table and blurted out that he had to get the pregnant lady some rolls! I was so early in my pregnancy that besides family and Josh and Brianna, I don't think that we had told anyone yet that I was even pregnant. The table just all stared at me. The Barth's were sitting at the table with us. I think Tina felt how uncomfortable it was so she blurted out that they were pregnant with their second too! Her due date is just a few days after mine. They had just found out that they were pregnant as well. Because of Colt's mishap, he ended up going to James and Jessica's table and telling them that we were pregnant as well so that they weren't out of the loop!
My first OB appointment was on July 10th. So yes, Colt shared the news before my first appointment even!
I've been super congested the whole pregnancy. It's the worst when i first wake up in the mornings.
I've been super tired... I'm talking like a whole additional level of tired. I started falling asleep when I put Kinley down for her afternoon nap EVERY SINGLE DAY. I still do a lot of the time. I just crash and wake up a little while later.
My feet also already hurt a lot of nights. This ins't a good sign considering I'm just getting started and still have 20 weeks left.
I had horrible acne with Kinley, specifically on my back. It was so bad that it left scars for like a year after she was born. One of the reasons I thought I might be having a boy this time is because I hadn't really had acne yet. However, now it's started to pop up on my back and shoulders again. My face isn't too great either. I think a little acne may just be something that comes with me being pregnant.
I've had a bladder infection pretty much the whole pregnancy. I've went through three rounds of antibiotics already, and I can't kick it. I don't have any symptoms and wouldn't have even known I had one. At my first appointment, they did blood work and called and said I had a bladder infection. They prescribed amoxicillin, which ended up causing me to break out and have an allergic reaction. My mom had told me that I had a reaction to amoxicillin when I was little so I had always avoided it. However, when I had Kinley, they gave me it sometime during pregnancy and I was fine. I'm going to start avoiding it again! They ended up calling in a substitute to take. When I went to my second appointment, they repeated blood work. I still had it. We treated again. Then I went to my third appointment and the same thing. They had me take two weeks of antibiotics this last time that I actually just finished taking. I'm hoping that when I go in for my appointment this coming Tuesday that it's finally gone.
I felt him move, or felt flutters, for the first time on September 2nd. I was 17 weeks. I was feeling him like crazy on September 11th, at 18 weeks, so Colt put his hand on my stomach and he could feel vague flutters for the first time. I had told Colt earlier in the pregnancy that I couldn't wait to feel him because it would make all the sickness definitely worth it when I started feeling him. It's worth it anyways, but I love being able to feel him. I know I say that and before too long, I'll be getting painful jabs!
We found out we were pregnant on June 14th.
The throwing up QUICKLY began right after that. I threw up for the first time on June 18th, and I threw up twice that day. I only threw up ONE time the WHOLE time I was pregnant with Kinley...not so much this time around! I definitely lost count this time. After that day, I continued to throw up every single night. I got excited on June 22nd because I hadn't thrown up by the time I was taking my nightly shower. I actually got so excited that I text Colt in Temple and told him that I had went a whole day. Well, as soon as I text him, I drank something, brushed my teeth and then proceeded to throw up seven times that night. I ended up trying to brush my teeth with just water if I'd made it that far through the night without throwing up, but it didn't work. I would still throw up. I would also throw up if I was ever riding in the car with Colt. The first time that happened we were on our way home from attending James and Jessica's wedding in Dallas on July 2nd. Colt didn't have time to pull over so I threw up in a cup that was in the car. That continued to happen so I learned to just take a cup with me. Besides throwing up every night and in the car, there were a few days that I threw up all day long. There was also one day that I was so sick (and having other stomach issues as well) that my mom and dad had to come down because I didn't think I would be able to take care of Kinley while Colt was at work. By the time they made it, Colt had given me a zofran before he left for work, and I was feeling much better though thank goodness. The few days that I was sick all day, I think it was only three times or so, Colt ended up giving me a zofran that we had at the house just so I could keep something down and stay out of the bathroom. My doctor said they don't really recommend zofran anymore. He prescribed something called Diclegis. The first time I took it, I felt drunk and immediately fell asleep on the couch. Colt had to do Kinley's nighttime routine and put her to bed. Then he had to put me to bed! I was hesitant to take it again. I tried a few times but it didn't seem to help a lot, and I didn't like the way it made me feel. I just sucked it up for the most part. When I was desperate one day, I text Mallory to see if anything had worked or helped at all for her because I knew she had been sick with her first little boy, Mason. Colt ended up going out that night to Target to buy me some Preggo Pops to suck on. He also bought me Sea Band bracelets to wear on my wrist while he was there too. I don't know if the bracelets helped, but I wore them just in case they did! I also tried ginger snap cookies and ginger ale to try to ease the sickness, which are nasty by the way! One thing I did do was make cinnamon toast at night and added ginger to it. It was one of the few foods that tasted good to me and that I could stomach. It didn't matter what I ate or how much I ate, I still got sick no matter what I tried. I ran out of foods to eat because I had thrown up EVERYTHING. Also, just the thought of a cup of coffee, made me want to gag. Pretty much anything with milk in it made me want to gag too. Let's just say that our family milk consumption went down drastically. We are now back to drinking a gallon every 2 days though. Yes, the three of us go through 3.5 gallons of milk a week. I finally quit being so sick at 16 weeks!! I am super thankful that it didn't continue! While I was sick, I felt my best in the morning. For a while there, I was HAVING to get a sausage, egg and cheese burrito and a cherry limeade from either Sonic or Dairy Queen EVERY SINGLE DAY... at least I thought I HAD to have it! It's the only thing that tasted good to me and it was pretty much the only time of day that I could keep food down. Sometimes I would even order two burritos so I could have one at lunch too. I ended up making them for myself for breakfast after a while. Now that I'm feeling better, that craving has left though! I have told Colt that if I had been sick like this with Kinley, we may not have had a second child. I was just playing, but it definitely was not a fun time. There were multiple times that I told him that I think this baby hates me.
Besides being sick, which has consumed pretty much my whole pregnancy...here are a few other things so far about this pregnancy:
At James and Jessica's wedding, we were sitting at a table full of Temple people. They had prime rib for dinner. I couldn't stomach it. About the only thing that tasted good was the rolls they had. I asked Colt to go get me some more. He came back to the table and blurted out that he had to get the pregnant lady some rolls! I was so early in my pregnancy that besides family and Josh and Brianna, I don't think that we had told anyone yet that I was even pregnant. The table just all stared at me. The Barth's were sitting at the table with us. I think Tina felt how uncomfortable it was so she blurted out that they were pregnant with their second too! Her due date is just a few days after mine. They had just found out that they were pregnant as well. Because of Colt's mishap, he ended up going to James and Jessica's table and telling them that we were pregnant as well so that they weren't out of the loop!
My first OB appointment was on July 10th. So yes, Colt shared the news before my first appointment even!
I've been super congested the whole pregnancy. It's the worst when i first wake up in the mornings.
I've been super tired... I'm talking like a whole additional level of tired. I started falling asleep when I put Kinley down for her afternoon nap EVERY SINGLE DAY. I still do a lot of the time. I just crash and wake up a little while later.
My feet also already hurt a lot of nights. This ins't a good sign considering I'm just getting started and still have 20 weeks left.
I had horrible acne with Kinley, specifically on my back. It was so bad that it left scars for like a year after she was born. One of the reasons I thought I might be having a boy this time is because I hadn't really had acne yet. However, now it's started to pop up on my back and shoulders again. My face isn't too great either. I think a little acne may just be something that comes with me being pregnant.
I've had a bladder infection pretty much the whole pregnancy. I've went through three rounds of antibiotics already, and I can't kick it. I don't have any symptoms and wouldn't have even known I had one. At my first appointment, they did blood work and called and said I had a bladder infection. They prescribed amoxicillin, which ended up causing me to break out and have an allergic reaction. My mom had told me that I had a reaction to amoxicillin when I was little so I had always avoided it. However, when I had Kinley, they gave me it sometime during pregnancy and I was fine. I'm going to start avoiding it again! They ended up calling in a substitute to take. When I went to my second appointment, they repeated blood work. I still had it. We treated again. Then I went to my third appointment and the same thing. They had me take two weeks of antibiotics this last time that I actually just finished taking. I'm hoping that when I go in for my appointment this coming Tuesday that it's finally gone.
Starting at week 16 of this pregnancy, actually week 17 for us, since that is when my appointment was, Colt had to start giving me hydroxyprogesterone caproate shots. He has to give them every week until I'm 36 weeks. They aren't a quick, pain free shot either. They are thick and you can feel them going in. After 20 shots, I can already tell, I'll be over them by the time I'm 36 weeks. The doctor recommended them this time because of the fact that my water broke so early with Kinley. The shots are supposed to help prevent it from happening so early this time around.
I weighed 122 when I got pregnant this time. At my 13 week appointment, I weighed 126, up 4 pounds. At 15 weeks by my home scale, I weighed 128.6, up 6.6 pounds. At my 17 week appointment, I weighed 130, up 8 pounds. My weight gain, I think is probably pretty close to the same as last time. My belly is just showing SO much more this time around. I started showing MUCH earlier this time around, and I felt like my belly majorly popped the Monday after 16 weeks. When I took my 19 week picture this past Sunday, we compared it to my last pregnancy. I already looked about the same as I did when I was 24 weeks or so with Kinley! I've looked about a month ahead the whole time. Because of my belly showing more, it already takes me a little while to get comfortable at night...also not a good sign for what lies ahead!
At my 17 week appointment, the baby's heartbeat was in the high 140s. When I was pregnant with Kinley, I had issues with my blood pressure being high and a couple of preeclampsia scares. If I hadn't have delivered Kinley early, they were talking about inducing at 38 weeks anyways just because of my blood pressure. This time around, my blood pressure has been good so far. At my 17 week appointment, it was 114/70. I'm hoping it stays in check this time. I think my blood pressure issue could have not been helped that pregnancy because I was working all the time that pregnancy. I was working like crazy to try to get things done before my maternity leave. I mean, the day before my water broke, I had pulled a 14 hour work day and stayed up super late.
I weighed 122 when I got pregnant this time. At my 13 week appointment, I weighed 126, up 4 pounds. At 15 weeks by my home scale, I weighed 128.6, up 6.6 pounds. At my 17 week appointment, I weighed 130, up 8 pounds. My weight gain, I think is probably pretty close to the same as last time. My belly is just showing SO much more this time around. I started showing MUCH earlier this time around, and I felt like my belly majorly popped the Monday after 16 weeks. When I took my 19 week picture this past Sunday, we compared it to my last pregnancy. I already looked about the same as I did when I was 24 weeks or so with Kinley! I've looked about a month ahead the whole time. Because of my belly showing more, it already takes me a little while to get comfortable at night...also not a good sign for what lies ahead!
At my 17 week appointment, the baby's heartbeat was in the high 140s. When I was pregnant with Kinley, I had issues with my blood pressure being high and a couple of preeclampsia scares. If I hadn't have delivered Kinley early, they were talking about inducing at 38 weeks anyways just because of my blood pressure. This time around, my blood pressure has been good so far. At my 17 week appointment, it was 114/70. I'm hoping it stays in check this time. I think my blood pressure issue could have not been helped that pregnancy because I was working all the time that pregnancy. I was working like crazy to try to get things done before my maternity leave. I mean, the day before my water broke, I had pulled a 14 hour work day and stayed up super late.
I am still working out this time. I had already quit CrossFit by this time when I was pregnant with Kinley. I only make it to the gym 2-3 times a week most weeks, but at almost 20 weeks, I still am able to do toes to bar, pull ups and most other movements. The only things I have really stopped doing so far are upside down movements, like wall walks or hand stand push ups. I've also decreased the amount of weight I lift. I just do what feels comfortable. I'm definitely not trying to get any PRs. I'm just trying to stay active this time around.
On September 26th, this coming Tuesday, we go for our anatomy ultrasound. I am super excited about this! I am also ready to pick out a name already so we can get going on his room and order a few other personalized things, but we just can't decide!
On September 26th, this coming Tuesday, we go for our anatomy ultrasound. I am super excited about this! I am also ready to pick out a name already so we can get going on his room and order a few other personalized things, but we just can't decide!
I've already thought about and realized how big I will be at Christmas this year! I'll be 33 weeks on Christmas this year!
I'm sure I'm leaving some things out but this covers a lot of it.
Since it hasn't been the most enjoyable pregnancy so far and it's felt pretty much the opposite of Kinley's, I've said that maybe this baby might be a good sleeper, unlike her as a baby! Fingers crossed!
I'm sure I'm leaving some things out but this covers a lot of it.
Since it hasn't been the most enjoyable pregnancy so far and it's felt pretty much the opposite of Kinley's, I've said that maybe this baby might be a good sleeper, unlike her as a baby! Fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment