Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Riviera Maya - Monday, July 26th

Colt and I woke up extra early on Monday to go down to the beach to look for shells. I almost didn't get out of bed to go with him, but I'm glad I did. It was rainy again on Monday the majority of the day. When we got on the bus to go to Xplor it was POURING down rain. There were a few people that opted out because of the rain, but we figured we had already made it to the park, we might as well stay, and if anything, the rain made our day even better! There were no lines and it made it cool all day long. Since it was still pouring when we got to the park, we decided we would do the ATV's first. You ride the ATV's through caves and across bridges. It was a lot of fun and we only got lost and off course with a couple of other ATV's one time and had to find our way back! Second, we went and did the zip lines. This was crazy and very scary at first! We did the first circuit which was 1.5 miles of zip lines and one of them was like 82 meters high. The getting ready to go was the scariest part because you were on an incline attached to one of the workers before you got hooked up to the zip line. Definitely a crazy experience! We just did one circuit because we wanted to have enough time to do everything at the park. After the zip lines, we went to lunch and surprisingly had an awesome lunch! Then we went swimming for like 45 minutes through the caves. This was not one of my favorite parts because it was a long time swimming in freezing water but it was an good experience. Last, we went rafting through caves for another 45 minutes. They were hand paddles so Colt got him a good workout, but I mainly just took pictures! It was a very fun day and I am really glad we decided to do this excursion. It was well worth it! We got back to the resort about 6:30 or so assuming that our moms had hung out at the resort all day doing pretty much nothing because of the rain, but we were wrong. They had taken a taxi to Playa and got on the ferry to go over to Cozumel and got back right before we did! That night, we met and went to a mexican buffet and culture show.

The beach when we got up early Monday morning
He found a few good shells that we brought home with us.
We were out there when they started raking the beach that morning.
The entrance to Xplor
Us in our helmets when we first got there
Walking down into the caves
This is where the last zip line ended into the water.
Before going on the ATV's
When we went across the bridge
Driving into the caves
The water was pretty high and one of the ATV's in front of us got stuck so we were sitting in the cave waiting.
The heart behind us in this pic beats really loud and it is in the center of the activity area.
Some of these are sample photos that they had for sale. They were expensive so we didn't buy them, but they emailed them to us and some of them are really good so I put them on here too!
This one is us on the ATV's. Colt saw the camera so he was posing.
We couldn't take our camera on the ziplines so all these are from a water camera that we had. These are  from the top of one of the towers that we zip lined from.
I think I was still really nervous at this point!
Just a random person
We basically went at the same time off of each tower so we couldn't really get pics of each other.
Me all geared up
Getting ready to go
This was definitely the scariest part of it!
Colt on the bridge
Behind him you can see the tallest of the towers that we did.
Me walking to the main tower
Another random pic but you can see a lot of the different towers in this one
At the end of the circuit you zipline into the water. This part was really fun and not near as scary as the others!
This is looking down as we were walking to the top of the main tower.
One of the sample photos of Colt ziplining
Both of us as we were about to go into the water on the last one
and me on another zipline earlier
Waterfall that was in the park
The park was beautiful.
I don't know what kind of animal this is, but he was where we were eating lunch and he came up in the restaurant area while we were eating. 
 
After lunch we went down in the caves to go swimming. This is the part that I was swimming through as fast as I could because I was ready to be done with it. 45 minutes floating through caves is a long time if you're not on a raft! We couldn't take our camera but I have a few of their sample photos on here. After that, we went and got on the rafts. 
Colt paddling us through on the rafts
Some parts of the caves were really neat! There is no telling how long it took the caves to end up like they are today! It's amazing to see it all.
He got a little close!
We thought this was one of the prettiest parts of the park.
I don't know what I was doing in this one!
Both of us
Thanks to all the random people that took our pic for us!
We got done with everything we were wanting to do about an hour before we had to leave so we relaxed for a little while before we had to go.
Sample pic of us swimming in the cave
We were ready for this one!
\
Us walking up through the cave
Rafting
This is at the mexican culture show that we went to that night for dinner.
After dinner when we were playing Jenga.
And our moms playing a game of pool
We definitely weren't big on the nightlife while we were there! Colt and I were good to stay up much longer after dinner!
 Monday was a really fun day, and I'm glad that we chose to go to Xplor. We had a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment