Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Lately

I now have little hope of getting caught up and getting all of Kinley's pictures on here BEFORE her 1st birthday :( Sorry Kinley... one day... I definitely take plenty of pictures though!

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind. Colt was supposed to have a light schedule on Admin the month of April but it felt like we were just as busy as ever with very little downtime. I was working towards the April tax deadline. I thought after that, I would get a breather but that hasn't happened quite yet. It seems like we've been in the car and on the go nonstop. 

The weekend before the tax deadline we went to Austin for two nights for Bryce and Pam's wedding. 

That same weekend, Colt's grandma, Molly, fell and broke her hip. Once in the hospital, she was unresponsive. She was pretty fragile and not in good health before the fall. We made a quick overnight trip the night of the tax deadline so that Colt could go up to the hospital. Once they leveled her sodium out, she seemed to be getting better and was able to talk to family members, but then she went downhill fast. I think she just wasn't strong enough to recover. She didn't want to be on feeding tubes or anything like that. She ended up passing away that Saturday night.

We were already planning on making a trip down to Tyler to check out the area for a potential job for Colt and visit my family so we spent Saturday and night with Colt's family. Sunday morning since the family was going to be preparing for Molly's funeral, we went ahead and went on with our plans of visiting Tyler. 

The drive to Tyler was short, but after looking at multiple neighborhoods and the area and then driving from there to my parents, I think we were in the car for a total of 8 hours! We took a break for lunch at Chuy's, and we also took breaks walking around the grocery store and letting Kinley crawl around in a house that was being built. Poor Kinley was a trooper though and did so good! That's a long time in a carseat! 

We stayed Sunday and Monday night with my parents. My nephew, Jacob and Bailey and Cohen came over to visit on Sunday night. Heath and Jennifer brought the boys over to visit on Monday night. My parents got a kick out of Kinley, especially her waving and saying "hey" and "hi." 

Tuesday morning we got up and headed back to Forney. Molly's funeral was that afternoon. After the funeral, we just hung out at Dede and David's the rest of the night. We got up and headed home on Wednesday morning. 

We spent Wednesday at home and then we were on the go again! Since Colt was on "vacation" that week, we tried to cram in time to visit Waco and check out neighborhoods and the area there too. Thursday Matt rode around with us to look at neighborhoods, and then we met up with Whitney for a short little hike at Cameron Park and then Magnolia Market. Believe it or not, as close as we live, it was our first time going. 

We actually ended up going BACK on Friday to check out the area of China Spring a little more after we did a little more looking online. We thought it would be a quick trip, but it ended up being another full day of looking around. Since then, we've been back again too. That's a lot of time in the car and Kinley did awesome for all of it! She also started to sleep better this past week! YAY!! Hopefully this doesn't jinx it!

On one of our trips to Waco, on the way home, the person in front of us hit a tire in the road and it flew up and landed on the hood of my new car.  Now my brand new car needs to be repaired and the damage is more than the deductible... so that's fun! Since I'm so far behind, I haven't blogged about my new car. I got a new Jeep Grand Cherokee a month of two ago. It's the first brand new car that I've ever owned for myself ... and now it's already been wrecked!

Now that we are in May, Colt is back in the department. I don't see other things slowing down either because it seems like we have something planned every weekend. Colt has a bachelor party, he's in Gerald and Allison's wedding, I'm helping host a going away party for a friend and a baby shower for another friend. Then I'm also trying to plan Kinley's first birthday because it will be here before we know it! Crazy how fast time flies!! Now that she seems to be sleeping better though... maybe... just maybe... I'll find time to get on here again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment