Not too much has changed since I did a little 13 month update. Kinley is 24 lbs., and I think she's about 31 inches tall. She's still in size 4 diapers and wearing 18 month clothes. She has the same 7 teeth that she's had for months now, 4 on top and 3 on bottom. However, I do think her molars are starting to come in. I felt a couple days ago and you can feel a tooth coming in that feels like a razor blade in the back. Maybe we're skipping the 4th front tooth on the bottom?!?
She did fall and bust her lip and chip one of her top, front teeth last weekend when we were at Grandma and Papa's. She was trying on an outfit Nicci got her. It was too big, and she couldn't walk in it. She headed down the tile hallway, got ahead of herself, and busted it teeth first. Luckily, it was just a little busted lip and her chip on her tooth is pretty small. That same day she also cut her finger on glass. Two bloody accidents that day... It wasn't a great one for her.
She's walking everywhere and climbing on everything. She has the walking down and is a lot more stable than she was just a few weeks ago. She's a little ham, and still thinks she is hilarious! She cracks herself up... and us too!
She's still a little pig and probably eats more than I do... not kidding! Adding to her favorite things to eat is watermelon. She loves it. This morning I'm pretty sure she ate a whole two scrambled eggs, a little pancake, about 6 grapes and some watermelon all by herself for breakfast.
I know I put mostly good and happy things on here, but I will say this parenting thing is still hard though! Colt told me last night that I was a good mama... and I was in need of hearing that! She has been super fussy this past week, not napping, and I've needed a break! Just last night I ended up in her crib with her at 3 am and slept there the rest of the night so Colt could hopefully get some sleep in the bedroom! I really think it's her teeth coming in and not making her feel good and on top of that ...she's had a runny nose and cough. I'm not one to let her cry it out if she's not feeling good. Let's hope she gets back to being a happy baby and we get a little better routine back again soon!
Colt has been working a ton and moonlighting on pretty much all of his days off so he hasn't been home much, and when he is home, he's pretty tired and can't sleep even though he is tired. He was actually off yesterday and when we were going to bed, we were talking about if we needed to reconsider his job offers and possibly move closer to family so we could have some relief every once in a while! I think we've had two dates since she was born so we did decide that we definitely need to get a sitter lined out and plan a date night soon and make that a habit! A local gym here actually started a parent's night out two times a month so we may take advantage of that. We almost did this weekend but didn't want to take her with her not feeling good and being snotty. Although this parenting thing is tiring, I will say, it's definitely still the best though and I wouldn't trade it for anything! She still puts a smile on our face every single day... pretty much all day... and I love spending my days with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment