Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Alex's 4th Birthday - Oct. 17th

On October 17th, our baby girl, Alex, turned 4! We have too many toys so I just picked her up a little treat earlier in the week. I forgot about her birthday the morning of until I was on my way to work so she got her birthday present that night when Colt and I got home. 



We have noticed that Alex is having a little issue that I think might have gotten worse lately.
When we used to live in Royse City, every once in a while when she was sleeping on the old leather couch in the office, we would notice that she would go to the bathroom on it while she was sleeping. We thought it was just the cold leather or something. She has never had accidents in the house and has been potty trained since pretty much day 1. She can hold it all day long while she is kenneled. A few months ago, when she snuck onto our bed, we thought she had wet the bed. I smelled her bed and around her bed the other day and it smelled like pee. Then the other afternoon when I was washing her bedding she was on the tile taking a nap and when she woke up she had went to the bathroom all over herself. She acted embarrassed and acted like she thought she would get in trouble. I really don't think she can help it, since she has never had accidents while I wake. I think for some reason, it doesn't wake her up. I started looking on the internet, and it looks like sometimes females that are fixed early have this issue. I've tried to quit letting her have water at night to see if it helps, and I think it's been better. I think we will be calling the vet regardless though to see if it's a common issue and if there's anything we need to do about it.  Colt doesn't really want her to have to take any type of pills so it may just be an issue we have to deal with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment