On September 29th, I did the Battle at the Rock CrossFit competition in Rockwall with a few other people from my gym. The competition consisted of two different workouts. There were three different levels you could compete in: Level 1, Level 2 and RX. Your score was based on the time that it takes you to complete the workout. At that point I had been doing CrossFit for a couple months and had been doing Level 2 workouts pretty consistently. The workouts for the competition were released that Wednesday and we had to decide for sure which level we were competing in. I was really between Level 1 and Level 2. For the first workout, the Level 2 weight was a little heavy for me and I hadn't gotten my double-unders consistently yet. The most that I had was about 10 in a row. The second workout, I had my pull-ups without a band and I could do the med ball weight so I thought Level 2 was good for that one. At Wednesday night's workout, we went through the motions for the workouts and I tried the Level 2 weight for the first workout. I could do it, but it was HEAVY. We ended up keeping me in Level 2 though. Colt had to work that morning so he wasn't able to compete or go watch me.
Here are some pics taken at the competition.
WOD1 - Level 2
For time:
3 rounds of:
5 Deadlift, 45 / 30 kg (about 66 lb)
5 Hang Power Clean
5 Jerk
400 meter run
2 rounds of:
5 Deadlift, 45 / 30 kg
5 Hang Power Clean
5 Jerk
400 meter run
1 round of:
5 Deadlift, 45 / 30 kg
5 Hang Power Clean
5 Jerk
400 meter run
50 Double-unders
For time:
3 rounds of:
5 Deadlift, 45 / 30 kg (about 66 lb)
5 Hang Power Clean
5 Jerk
400 meter run
2 rounds of:
5 Deadlift, 45 / 30 kg
5 Hang Power Clean
5 Jerk
400 meter run
1 round of:
5 Deadlift, 45 / 30 kg
5 Hang Power Clean
5 Jerk
400 meter run
50 Double-unders
Talking to my judge before we got started
Yes, it got heavy fast!
I really need to quit looking up all the time.
The dreaded 50 double unders at the end of the workout. Somehow I managed to knockout 30 something without stopping. This was the most that I had ever done in a row!
Colt said that I looked exhausted in these pics.. and I definitely was!
And more pics from the 2nd workout of the day.
WOD2 - Level 2
WOD2 - Level 2
3 rounds, for time of:
20 Wall ball to 10 ft target, 14 / 10 pounds
10 Pull-ups OR 20 Pull-ups with blue band
The wall balls turned out to be much harder than I thought they would be!
The line was a higher than the line at our gym so I was having to put everything into getting the ball over the line.
Group pics at the end of the workout.
Our only guy that competed, Mike, got 1st in the Level 2 men's workout. Elisa, Anita and Cariann all competed in Level 1, finished and did great. They killed the first workout.
I ended up getting 5th in Level 2. Mark said that two of the girls ahead of me usually do the RX level so if they hadn't have dropped down to Level 2, I would've placed a little higher. It was fun and I'm glad I did it!
|























No comments:
Post a Comment