Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Florida Vacation - July 13th

It's New Years Eve and about an hour away from ringing in the new year so what am I doing... I'm in bed watching Fuller House and trying to knock out some blog posts while waiting on Colt to get home from working all day in College Station. I'm also listening to Kinley cough her head off on the baby monitor and hoping that it doesn't wake her up! Yes, she's sick yet again with a cold going on a few days now. 

Day 3 of our vacation, we started the morning off at the beach again. The water was so pretty that morning so we got a family picture to start off the day. When I posted this picture on Facebook, someone made a comment about our matching swimsuits. It was a coincidence that both of our bathing suits were polka dots, and Kinley's swimsuit was actually navy and mine black. 
We also tried to get a mother daughter picture. 
Of course, I have a goofy face trying to get her to smile. 
Colt taking Kinley for a stroll in the water...

and letting her play in the sand and splash.

This video is of her walking in the water. She kept trying to walk on top of the water as she went out. 


I mentioned this in a previous post, but she actually ended up learning how to walk on this trip. She would walk up and down the sand from the water to the tent. Colt was like, "if she can walk in the sand, then she can walk!" She quickly started walking all over the place in the condo. 
The guys and Jessica left for a bit while Kinley took her morning nap in the tent. It was perfect because while she was napping, I got to get a tiny bit of sun and was able to read a little bit. 

She was definitely living the life!
When they got back, they played some more in the water and Kinley crawled/walked up and down the beach over and over. She definitely got her workout in. By the end of the day, her legs were wobbly and starting to give out from so many trips up and down the sand. 
Just a little video of her crawling up the beach
We got her cleaned up and she was wiped out for her afternoon nap.
That night James' grandparents took us on a ferry to a restaurant right off the water. I think the name of it was Louisiana Lagniappe. It was a great dinner again, and of course Kinley was the center of attention. These pictures were all on the ferry ride to dinner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment