Pages

Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Christmas from the Smithsons

It's Christmas Eve's Eve and we are currently at Colt's family's house. We are staying with them tonight and tomorrow night. On Christmas Day, we are heading to see my family and will stay with them for a couple of nights. Then we will end our celebrating at home with just us. Colt has been in surgical ICU all month and working like crazy, but luckily he is off all week to be with us for Christmas. This morning, he finished up his last overnight (about 36 hour) shift at the hospital. It's actually the last shift that long that he will EVER have to work. As soon as he got home, we loaded up and headed out. He slept while I drove and is currently still sleeping (since he hasn't gotten to in a couple days). While Kinley is napping too, I figured I would interrupt all my July posts that are on my to-do list with this year's Christmas card. I loved the pictures we got of Kinley and our family this year, and I will post all of them later. It's crazy how much Kinley has changed even since we took these pictures. Her hair has definitely gotten longer since then because we no longer have to use headbands. 

Front of our Christmas card
Back of our Christmas card
In addition to our Christmas card, here's a few things that we added to our house this Christmas that I love too.  
One day while Colt was off, we took Kinley to a place called That Art Place in Belton and made this plate with her footprints. I love it and know that I will treasure it for years to come. 
I look forward to getting Christmas cards every year and in the past had never had anywhere to put them besides the fridge or just laying around. I bought these card displays at Michael's this year and love how they displays our cards. I had originally bought one, but we got more cards this year than I expected so I actually had to go buy another one. I just hung them next to each other... which you can tell by the picture because I didn't hang them real straight!
I bought this ornament this year and put a picture of Kinley in it from her 1st Christmas last year. 
We blew our favorite picture up from our Fall/Christmas pics into a canvas for our living room wall. 
Last year Kinley was just 6 months old at Christmas so I'm excited about getting to watch her this year now that she is a little bit older. I'm also thankful that Colt is off and we can all enjoy Christmas together and spend time with family. 
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment